Suspension Upgrade

BeardedJK

So I’m getting ready to place my order for the 3” Enforcer with Trail Jeeps and just wanted to make sure I’m not overlooking anything.

3” Enforcer with drag link flip

Rancho 9000s (RS999329 front, RS999330 rear)

Want to order the EVO front sway bar links, does anyone know which length I’ll need?

Already have an Adams front 1310 DS, is there anything else I should be looking at?

Thanks

josh_ham

Following! As this is what I'm looking into as well. My understanding was I would not need a drag link flip until I lifted 4inches. Maybe I read wrong?

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
When I ordered evo sway links I called them directly to see what length I needed. If you do the draglink flip it changes the mounts and moves them up higher. I am running my stock rear links up front however as I still dont have the short enough evo links for the front yet.

YellowJK

I know maybe 10 people that have flips. I know a lot more that don't and no one can tell a difference. No one has bump steer. But if you think so go for it. I mean it's recommended here so why not

Heholua

I know maybe 10 people that have flips. I know a lot more that don't and no one can tell a difference. No one has bump steer. But if you think so go for it. I mean it's recommended here so why not

When you decide not to raise or lower your track bars with a 3" lift your roll center would be off.
There are engineers that are probably smarter than both of us who designed the track bar and drag link to run at those parallel angles for a reason. But hey, you and your "a lot" more people probably know more than they do about Wrangler steering.:what:

YellowJK

No we don't know more in sarcasm way like you implied. I'm just telling you from experience. I'm not going to get in a I wheel harder and know more conversation. I'm just telling the truth.

WJCO

Meme King
This thread is about to go to shit. Bottom line, drag link and track bar should be as parallel as possible.

Heholua

No we don't know more in sarcasm way like you implied. I'm just telling you from experience. I'm not going to get in a I wheel harder and know more conversation. I'm just telling the truth.

Well the rest of here have experience as well. For the the most part, I think your advice not to do a drag link flip with 3"+ lift is more detrimental than positive if you know anything about JK steering geometry. Of course, I'm sure you have substantial facts to back that up besides just a bunch of feelings you and your buddies have.

chipper

I have the 3" enforcer and it actually put me a little taller because of being light. I also did the DLF. Glad I did. It handles great. Looking at your profile, with a Sahara you may want some quicker disconnects up front.

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
This thread is about to go to shit. Bottom line, drag link and track bar should be as parallel as possible.

^^this is the truth! Regardless of lift height, suspension brand or what colour your undies are, the drag link and track bar should be parallel.

BeardedJK

Looking at your profile, with a Sahara you may want some quicker disconnects up front.

I was initially going to get the JKS quick disconnects, but decided to just deal with the inconvenience. You think I should pass on the HD links?

chipper

I was initially going to get the JKS quick disconnects, but decided to just deal with the inconvenience. You think I should pass on the HD links?

I like the convenience of the easy disconnects. I also have the JKS ones. I don't regret getting them.

Dirt Foot

So I’m getting ready to place my order for the 3” Enforcer with Trail Jeeps and just wanted to make sure I’m not overlooking anything.

3” Enforcer with drag link flip

Rancho 9000s (RS999329 front, RS999330 rear)

Want to order the EVO front sway bar links, does anyone know which length I’ll need?

Already have an Adams front 1310 DS, is there anything else I should be looking at?

Thanks

I went with the longer rancho's with my 3" Enforcer . The 331 and 332 are longer and will allow more drop in the axle. My springs are still tight at full drop and do not bottom out on up travel. Just another option. Others here have done the same. Good luck.

BeardedJK

I went with the longer rancho's with my 3" Enforcer . The 331 and 332 are longer and will allow more drop in the axle. My springs are still tight at full drop and do not bottom out on up travel. Just another option. Others here have done the same. Good luck.

Did you need shock relocation brackets? I thought I saw someone recommend them with the 9000s.

Dirt Foot

Did you need shock relocation brackets? I thought I saw someone recommend them with the 9000s.

Sorry about the late reply. Like Chipper said. You definitely need the lower relocation brackets. I bought the EVO ones and they are super easy to install. They allowed an extra 1 1/2" of drop due to the shock not hitting the frame.

Top Bottom