Bds 5500 shocks

Dopey84

Has anyone run these?? Good/ bad?? I came across a set that have 18,000 miles on them and can get them and steering stabilizer for $40 it's off a 3"in bds lift

thardy

Banned
I honestly don't have much experience with them, nor heard much about them. But shock opinions are very subjective, same as with coils. For $40, could be worth it to try out.

Edit: just noticed these are 3" shocks and you're on a leveling kit. These shocks will be too long.

Dopey84

I honestly don't have much experience with them, nor heard much about them. But shock opinions are very subjective, same as with coils. For $40, could be worth it to try out.

Edit: just noticed these are 3" shocks and you're on a leveling kit. These shocks will be too long.

This is also what I was thinking with length however he does have the 3" bds springs and a whole bunch of goodies for sale to that may be worth going biggerhere is the screen shot of what's up for grabs even as spare parts ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460813565.357445.jpg

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
This is also what I was thinking with length however he does have the 3" bds springs and a whole bunch of goodies for sale to that may be worth going biggerhere is the screen shot of what's up for grabs even as spare parts View attachment 198799

Not bad. You'd still have quite a few things to pick up to make the 3" lift work.

Thardy is correct here. You'll have the 3" springs and correct shocks. To make a complete kit that will be functional at its limits, you will need brake lines or brake line extensions, front lower control arms to correct caster, at 3" you need to look at a drag link flip kit to correct steering and get rid of that flightiness you will feel on the highway. At 3" and at flex you will likely make contact with your exhaust at the driveshaft, so count on purchasing a front driveshaft on a 4 door, or front and rear if you are running a 2 door. 3" is that tipping point where you start opening a bigger can of worms. If all you need is the leveling kit, the I would just search for the correct length shocks you need for it or get shock extensions.

Dopey84

Yeah I already passed on these items as my leveling kit has been plenty for my wants/needs I just wasn't sure if these shocks were gonna be to long as I wasn't finding the measurements online for these.. I'll just keep saving for my rancho 9000xls.. Thanks Thardy. And AllAmericanInfidel. For your help..

Dopey84

May be a dumb question but can I use a front Dana 44 driveshaft with my front Dana 30 do they bolt up and is there any benefit if I could go this route

patr1ckm

Not experience with them but I know the 5500 shocks are hydro so they don't automatically rebound unlike the gas charged shocks.

Top Bottom