2013 JKUR HVAC Problems

brianatx

I am looking for help to determine what I need to replace or fix. I have a 2013 JKUR that has 3 issues with the HVAC unit. I do NOT have the automatic temperature unit. I would like to avoid the $125 diagnostic charge the dealer will charge me to look at this.

1. Jeep doesn't "remember" AC switch setting when I exit the jeep. If I have the AC on and I stop somewhere, shut off the jeep, remove the key, and go about my business, then start the jeep up again, the AC is always off. I need to press the button again to engage the AC. Is this normal behavior? It is terribly annoying.

2. The temperature control knob doesn't switch to a blend of hot and cold. Say I start the jeep with temperature knob all the way cold. Once the jeep warms up, I put it halfway to warm. It still blows cold air. If I move it all the way to hot, then it is hot. If I then back off to the midpoint, it will then be warm. I alway go through this exercise of putting it all they way hot then backing off. How can I diagnose this one?

3. Vent location knob doesn't work for "Foot" setting. If I start with it blowing on my face, then move it to the middle setting to blow on my feet, nothing changes. It blows on my face. If I move it all the way to the right to defrost, it blows out the top. If I then back off to the middle, "foot" setting, it seems to work. It requires the same knob shenanigans that the heat setting does. How do I diagnose this one?

Any help would be appreciated. I don't know if I can switch out the HVAC panel without some kind of computer reset. Any advice?

Struggling to keep my cool,
Brian

Benito

Caught the Bug
lol, take off your top and doors, problem solved!. but i would almost want to say that it is probably the controller. from what you described everything else "works" but you have to mess with controller to get what you want, i wuld start there. MOPAR #55111168AG-M $150

Top Bottom