Gears

Jamies72

Hey guys I have 13 2dr Sport and I'm trying to figure out what gears it has. I was told you can tell by the VIN, true?

WJCO

Meme King
Local parts Dept may know. You may have a tag on the diff cover. Also you can Jack it up and spin the rear tire and count how many times the drive shaft rotates.

Jamies72

Well I've searched everything and I guess the best answer is to do the spin test or possibly call the dealership

swampdog

Well I've searched everything and I guess the best answer is to do the spin test or possibly call the dealership

Nope, you can put your VIN in on Jeep's website and get the build sheet. I've done it a few times as recently as about 6 months ago.

geberhard

Douchebag
You may have a tag on the diff cover. Also you can Jack it up and spin the rear tire and count how many times the drive shaft rotates.

Best advice above. As I do not have details on your Jepe and if it was modified or not before you got it, check first for the tag, and to be on the safe side do the spin a tire and count driveshaft revolutions, that is the best trick as who knows, the previous owner may have changed the gear ratio or the axles could have been swapped?

Top Bottom