Black bear package rails

RolandJKU

Hey all,

I bought a 2016 JKU and it's the black bear pakage. Mostly blacked out rims and flat black grill, few other add ons.

Mainly I was wondering about the rock sliders that came with it. I asked on a FB page and someone said they looked like the rubi ones with added section. I'm heading to the get a service tomorrow so I'll ask what brand but thought I'd see if anyone here knows.

Are they functional as rock rails or for the "rugged look"?

I tried checking the Mopar page for accessories but it said page doesn't exist... wierd.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 1461041856115.jpg
    1461041856115.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 100
  • 1461041868368.jpg
    1461041868368.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 100

JeepJeep75

They "look" like my Rubi rails. Maybe the OP can show us a picture of the bottom side. If they are like the Rubi rails, they attach to the body and therefore probably only offer minimal protection.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
The look like the same rails that are on the 10a/X/Hard Rock. They're okay depending on what you're doing. I thought mine were holding up okay. But when I removed them to install EVO skins and sliders, I found that they had slightly dented in the rockers. Glad I didn't continue to rely on them for heavy wheeling. When you look at how they mount you can see how it might be an issue.

JoeB-JKURX

They are, indeed, the rails from the 10A/X/Hard Rock. As the previous poster noted, they seem to do OK. They are pretty stout and they can take a beating (most of the powdercoat is scraped off the bottom and patched with Rustoleum bed liner paint). They don't mount to the strongest location on the rockers so I can see that if they give quite a bit, the rockers would bend. I like them on my '14X because they give me a decent step that allows me to get into the Jeep (3-1/2" lift with 35s) without beating down the outside edge of the driver's seat.

RolandJKU

Very nice. Probably good enough for how I'll treat my jeep for quite a few years anyway.

My only complaint about them is the distance from the body. Already had to pick out pebbles from the gap as to not rub through the paint.

Top Bottom