Dynomax exhaust hinge rusted off

rogerk93

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1461088395.816292.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1461088407.268798.jpg it's not even a year old and the hinge completely rusted off... Just posting so anyone with their exhaust can look out for it.

swampdog

I don't see a ton of rust at the break area. I would PM Dynomax and see what they say about it. You have good rubber hangers right? So it's not too rigid?

Good point...it doesn't look rusted through, a lot of surface rust.

rogerk93

I don't see a ton of rust at the break area. I would PM Dynomax and see what they say about it. You have good rubber hangers right? So it's not too rigid?
Yea, the rubber hangers are fine and it clears everything so I have no idea what would cause this other than rust.

WJCO

Meme King
Notice the black carbon on the break edge. That tells me the crack has been there for awhile. If not, it would be shiny silver where exhaust soot hasn't hit it yet.

rogerk93

Notice the black carbon on the break edge. That tells me the crack has been there for awhile. If not, it would be shiny silver where exhaust soot hasn't hit it yet.

Yea I see that now that you pointed it out. I did an monthly inspection a week ago and didn't notice it tho. Hopefully dynomax replaced it.

Got your PM, and answered of there. Basically as long as you have your receipt, you should be good to go. The Tech Line will probably want pictures of the exhaust set up from further away too.
Thanks Matt

rogerk93

Got your PM, and answered of there. Basically as long as you have your receipt, you should be good to go. The Tech Line will probably want pictures of the exhaust set up from further away too.
Thanks Matt

Called the warranty dept and they are sending me another exhaust at no cost. Thank you guys a ton for backing your product and making it easy to get the problem resolved.

Top Bottom