35s or 37s hmmm

Dalton gang

I got a set of 35 bfg km2s on my rig wondering if 37s would work with 4:10 gearing? I don't want to get to sluggish on or off road. What you think?

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
I'm running 4.10's and 37's and can't complain. I'm also a 3.6 but 6-speed so take it for what it's worth. I'll regear eventually but it's not high on my priority list. I'm sure you'll see a little performance loss but it's to be expected.

RockyJk

I ran 37's with 3.73's and an auto on my '14 for a couple months wasn't too bad, but I also live on flat land lol not very many hill climbs

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I got a set of 35 bfg km2s on my rig wondering if 37s would work with 4:10 gearing? I don't want to get to sluggish on or off road. What you think?

I'm running 4.10's and 37's and can't complain. I'm also a 3.6 but 6-speed so take it for what it's worth. I'll regear eventually but it's not high on my priority list. I'm sure you'll see a little performance loss but it's to be expected.

Thanks! Im running a 3.6 manual as well. Im still on the fence haha

I was running my 37" toyos with the factory 4.10s for a while (6 speed, 3.6)

I thought just as you guys... its fine, its not that bad, blah blah blah.

THEN, I regeard the jeep (5.13s)

:eek: WHY THE HELL DID I WAIT SO LONG!?!?! OMG!

Moral of the story, trust in the science, and regear your jeep. It makes THAT MUCH of a difference. my regear is by far one of my favorite mods to date. :thumb:

Moral of the story, trust in the science, and regear your jeep. It makes THAT MUCH of a difference. my regear is by far one of my favorite mods to date. :thumb:

I'm running 37's on 4.10 with the 6 speed and it's doable, but I am definitely ready to regear to 5.13. Daily driving, it's harder on the clutch in 1st and on the trail, it doesn't crawl the way it used to. I killed it like 4 times on an obstacle I used to let it just crawl up.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
I will definately regear when I go to 37s. But I will probably wait until I get a PR44 and only regear once. So I will most likely run the 37s on the 4.10s just as I am doing right now but with 35s. I'm sure it will be sluggish but I don't care for most of my driving. I daily drove a 4 cyl yj with 4.10s and 35s for two years. Holy crap that sucked.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I will definately regear when I go to 37s. But I will probably wait until I get a PR44 and only regear once. So I will most likely run the 37s on the 4.10s just as I am doing right now but with 35s. I'm sure it will be sluggish but I don't care for most of my driving. I daily drove a 4 cyl yj with 4.10s and 35s for two years. Holy crap that sucked.

You can regear, and just move the setup over to the prorock when the time comes. You would just need a minor install kit if you remove the pinion races without damage. Just need a new crush sleeve to set pinion preload and you should be good. Aside from minor shimming to the locker to get a good mesh. Easy peasy.

Unless your going to switch over an ARB, in which case, waiting to do it all at once makes more sense.

Heavyhaul07

How is your cruise speed on the freeway and rpms at such speed. I've read a lot and some say 4:88 and 37 for 6 speed. I live in Colorado lots of hills and I do quite a bit of long distance trips on the freeway. Thanks

Top Bottom