35's on stock wheels

Jrainsberger

For those of you running 35s on stock wheels, have you had any issues? When I look at the allowed rim widths for 35s, most of them say min 8.5" wide. I know back spacing can be an issue, but is resolved with wheel spacers. I believe my stock wheels are 17x7.5.

Last edited:

aldaman

No issues running 35s on stock rims as long as you have the wheel spacers. The only problem would be if the tire shop will be willing to install them....:beer:

Lank

No issues at all for about a year now. Like said above, I did have to convince the tire shop to put them on initially

geberhard

Douchebag
No issues at all. The stock wheels did have some small rubbing on the front at full turns so spacers address that. On the rear, I HIGHLY recommend trimming the pinch weld if you have a Jeep older than 2012 if you are planning to do any offroading.

Stock wheels 35's no spacers test fitting:

20150412_115945_zpsmm2lcf1r.jpg

20150412_115916_zpsbcgqvvby.jpg

the problem:

20150412_115923_zpsu21jlh2t.jpg

[imghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v256/geberhard/geberhard027/20150412_115923_zpsu21jlh2t.jpg[/img]

sawzalled off, and swapped another set of 35's no lift still:

20150412_155603_zpsmxopyubp.jpg

mallcrawler status ready :)

20150412_173902_zpsaeh8wk9j.jpg

chipper

I run mine this way. No problems at all. You tires will be a little taller. But that's a good thing. Just a tighter bead is what I say [emoji6]

professorkx

No problem here either. I have a Rough Country budget boost, wheel spacers and flat fenders, and the 35's work great. I have a 2014, so no pinch seam to trim, but I did have to shorten the stock Rubicon X rock rails, as they rubbed in front of the rear tires. Think of the stock wheels as a poor man's bead locker, as it's going to be pretty difficult to break a bead when the tire is shoehorned onto a narrow rim. Discount Tire didn't say anything about mounting the tire on stock rims.

Mikelang

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1461264584.217840.jpg
Here's an old pic of my jeep when I had 35x12.5x17 Toyo Open Country MT on stock wheels. No issues at all.

CarolinaJK

35's on stock wheels with 1.5" spacers.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1461293829.959346.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1461293829.959346.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 295

xxJWPxx

I've had no issues with mine and have been running them for a little over a year with G2 1.5" spacers.

TwistedJK

Running 37x12.50r17's on stock wheels with 1.5" spacers. I do rub though at full lock on my lower control arms though, not that I turn to full lock when driving, just an FYI.
IMG_5709[1].jpg
IMG_5207[1].jpg

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
What about 35's, wheel spacers and NO lift? Stock flares. Around town driving for now. '16 jku

Strizzychris ran like this for a while. The only thing you will have to do is prob cut your fenders so you can turn without rubbing

scull20

Strizzychris ran like this for a while. The only thing you will have to do is prob cut your fenders so you can turn without rubbing

I ran like this for a week. You're going to want to remove your front air dam below the bumper, then you'll be good for not rubbing while turning the wheel. You will however rub on the fenders when hitting bumps, unless you cut them. If you plan on keeping your setup like this for an extended period of time then cutting the fenders will be necessary.

RolandJKU

I ran like this for a week. You're going to want to remove your front air dam below the bumper, then you'll be good for not rubbing while turning the wheel. You will however rub on the fenders when hitting bumps, unless you cut them. If you plan on keeping your setup like this for an extended period of time then cutting the fenders will be necessary.

So you think dirt road with washboard will rub? As of now that's the only driving I will be doing for a month or so, other than in town

Top Bottom