i need a UK JK vin.

trailraider

I need a JK vin from the UK. can some one help me with this?

reason

I want to order 2 of a sunshades(82213974) they say they can't sell because it is for the British market only, and they must verify this by vin before they will sell it.
they stock them in the U.S.

Thanks

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
I need a JK vin from the UK. can some one help me with this?

reason

I want to order 2 of a sunshades(82213974) they say they can't sell because it is for the British market only, and they must verify this by vin before they will sell it.
they stock them in the U.S.

Thanks

You might want to explain the year of your JK since the VIN decodes with the year. You also might want to look into a VIN decoder book and maybe just make up your own. The first 11 positions in the VIN are coded and the vendor might have a system that will kick out the VIN is invalid based on the info you provide. If memory serves, the first couple of positions dictates the world market region. You might need a VIN from the UK in the first place.

This link may help: http://www.vindecoder.net. However, I would review this link https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_identification_number
This link seems to provide that the first 3 characters uniquely identity the manufacturer with a WMI code. Check through that.

I know that Kelley Blue Book sells VIN decoding books, but not sure if those are readily available. The problem is that you need a VIN in the first place. Maybe use your own VIN and then just change the world codes?

trailraider

no clue. they have it tagged as a "export part only".

some idiot at FCA must figure cause the wheel is on the other side it won't work in north America.

Kavanji

i believe it has something to do with the warning labels on the sunshades. the Primary label has to be on the drivers side.
so the part will fit but the label will be on the wrong side making them export only

WJCO

Meme King
i believe it has something to do with the warning labels on the sunshades. the Primary label has to be on the drivers side.
so the part will fit but the label will be on the wrong side making them export only

Wow. Warning labels on sunshades. Things are getting rough out there.

trailraider

I think you are talking about the sun visor. this is just a fold out window one, protects your dash.

all the websites list them as there in the American catalogue, but when you go to order , they cancel it in the system.

Top Bottom