Driveshaft ujoint size opinions

xflstl

Ok 2011 Jku sahara, rubi front 44, standard rear 44, both 35 spline Arb + Chromoly shafts, 4.88 gears, running aev beadlocks and 37s.... 3.8 motor, stock non-rubi transfer case.

So the question is, 1310 or 1350 driveshafts... My gut says 1350, my brain counters and says 1310's so it's the weak link....

What ya think????

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
1350........ The u joints on your chromoly shafts up front will be the primary weak spot then

Slimebones

But it would be easier (quicker) to replace a driveshaft u-joint than an axle u-joint on the trail, right? What is wrong with this logic? I too have been contemplating this. What say U?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
But it would be easier (quicker) to replace a driveshaft u-joint than an axle u-joint on the trail, right? What is wrong with this logic? I too have been contemplating this. What say U?

Is it? Have you ever pressed out/in u joints? I would much rather carry a spare axle shaft.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

Just carry a full spare axle shaft. Takes 15 mins max. Ask me how I know

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Just carry a full spare axle shaft. Takes 15 mins max. Ask me how I know

15 minutes max? No way!

It took Eddie and I 15 minutes and 8 seconds start to finish on the kickoff run. And I think the one we changed on Pritchett was closer to 17 minutes. ;)

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
15 minutes max? No way!

It took Eddie and I 15 minutes and 8 seconds start to finish on the kickoff run. And I think the one we changed on Pritchett was closer to 17 minutes. ;)

Damn my timer is broken then. I swore Tony and yourself were able to beat that.

Top Bottom