ARB compressor leaks diff oil

KevinL

Hi guys,

My ARB compressor has been leaking diff oil for awhile now, just wondering if anyone have the same issue. I did got a reply from ARB, He said: " I’d detach the line at the diff and turn the compressor on to blow out the oil that’s in there. After that, disconnect at the compressor and flush it with brake cleaner or something similar. Put it back together and monitor it for if/when it returns. Note the time frame if it does come back." Not sure if it will fix the problem or not, but I will get it a try this weekend.
IMG_0699.jpg

IMG_0700.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
That's a first for me, but seems more likely that there is an issue with the locker, not the compressor.

Evil

Check your diff vent tube, if its kinked or clogged and the diff is building up pressure, its going somewhere and in your case its pushing fluid back up through your air locker line and right out the compressor. Do you hear any popping bubbling or pissing sound while wheeling or its locked up and your driving?

Moochie

There is an O-ring in the differential that can go bad and cause the oil to flow up the airline. Not an easy fix because you have to remove the locker to get to it.

Some say, using synthetic oil can cause this to happen.

Rottenbelly

Mine did the same thing. But only after using the locker.
I installed a bleed valve for the line by the rear axle so I could easily blow it out.
After awhile it quit doing it.
This.. one line to the locker and one is a bypass to blow out line when button is pushed.

Top Bottom