Superchips Flashpaq 3876

whytiptoe

So I am interested in purchasing this tuner from Superchips, my questions are, is it worth it? I am wanting the trail dash 2, but they do not make it yet.
Pros/Cons of getting this.

Also I see where you have to swap your ECM, so if I go back to the dealership with this not void my warranty if I can not plug the stock ECM back into the jeep?

Thanks for your help in advance.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
So I am interested in purchasing this tuner from Superchips, my questions are, is it worth it? I am wanting the trail dash 2, but they do not make it yet.

Also I see where you have to swap your ECM, so if I go back to the dealership with this not void my warranty if I can not plug the stock ECM back into the jeep?

I have the flashcal, and they defiantly misrepresented the TPMS "options" (which include on, or off ONLY) for $20 more, I would go with the AEV procal and keep the factory ecu. The spark software for the Superchips is also combersome to use, I had to try 3 different computer before it would even recognize the controller. Just my .02

Exodus 4x4

I have the flashcal, and they defiantly misrepresented the TPMS "options" (which include on, or off ONLY) for $20 more, I would go with the AEV procal and keep the factory ecu. The spark software for the Superchips is also combersome to use, I had to try 3 different computer before it would even recognize the controller. Just my .02

Hey did you ever get your shit to work right? When I switched to the rockmonsters my tp light is on all the time now. I've tried taking it back to stock several times. I haven't seen an option to turn it off or I would. It's a piece of shit.

Everyone go with AEV procal.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Hey did you ever get your shit to work right? When I switched to the rockmonsters my tp light is on all the time now. I've tried taking it back to stock several times. I haven't seen an option to turn it off or I would. It's a piece of shit.

Everyone go with AEV procal.

I did not get the update to take. It downloaded fine to the computer, but not to the module. I just put the sensors in the beadlocks. They leave me alone until there is less then 22psi in a tire. It doesn't really bother me, because I like the readout on the dash of tire pressure. I just wish I could have set the limit like you can with the AEV.

When the TPMS light does come on, the dash says "inflate to 00 psi"

Where the AEV would make it say "inflate to 27 psi" which, I run 26 psi in the 37s, so atleast it's close enough.

The "00 psi" is what bothers me. It's not a big deal, but for $20, I would have gone the other way had I known.

Napalm

I loved my flashpaq on my 3.8L 2010. The performance tune was pretty awesome and gave the Jeep a little get up and go.

I wish I would have used one on my last 2014.

xxJWPxx

I'm happy with the pedal response after using my Flashpaq on my 2014 with 87 tune. Made a noticeable difference on the butt dyno after I put my 35's on.

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
Resurrecting this thread to see if anyone has tried the ECM swap yet. Curious if I'll be a guinea pig if I do it. I really want to tune my JK, the shift points are terrible especially after adding 37s and regearing..it needs some help.

TrailHunter

Hooked
Re- directing my question here on the Superchips FlashCal.... I purchased this to turn off the sway bar light but it's not working.... And I just realized to upgrade to the flashpaq ($350) I have to swap my PCM. So my questions are this:

2017 JKUR

1. Will the upgrade to FlashPaq turn the sway bar light off?
2. If yes... is swapping the PCM going to create warranty issues?
3. Do I need to reset to stock for smog and when taking to dealer?
4. Are the tunes available with the flashpaq worth the headache?

Parks34

You can remove all settings from it very easily. It works much better, i couldn't get the trail dash to link up to my ecu. Flashpaq worked right away

Parks34

Sorry got a little busy, Idk about the other stuff, i do know that any change the dealers computers it'll void the drivetrain warranty... Mine anyway, and also their computer removes your tune/ settings immediately

Top Bottom