Adjustable track bar question

RageKage

Is an adjustable track bar needed? Or rather is it even something to throw money at? I'm looking at the JKS adjustable. I have a 6.5 lift and I'm doing a front axle swap and also trying to get rid of my DW. So I'm replacing/ upgrading my tie rod, drag link, and track bar at the same time. Thanks guys

rogerk93

With a 6.5 inch lift you are going to need an adjustable track bar to recenter your axle. Are you running a raised track bar bracket now to center your axle? Even with that I think a 6.5 is too big just for a raised bracket.

RageKage

With a 6.5 inch lift you are going to need an adjustable track bar to recenter your axle. Are you running a raised track bar bracket now to center your axle? Even with that I think a 6.5 is too big just for a raised bracket.

Ok that's what I was thinking but wasn't 100% sure. Right now I believe it has a raised bracket, but I am gunna get the EVO drag link flip kit to replace what's on there now. Not sure if the EVO bracket will make a difference but if the track bar is adjustable it should still work correct? Yea I know everyone keeps telling me 6.5 is too big but it's what I wanted. Lol.

Oh and since it's already set up perfectly, that's not what she said. [emoji23]

Right now it's either the stock one or the one that came with my BDS lift kit. Can't tell for sure. Not even sure if the lift kit came with a new track bar actually.

Ideally, i would ditch some of the lift and do raised brackets to keep geometry as close to factory as possible. If your dead set on keeping that much lift, youll probably need raised brackets and the adjustable bar but im not sure.

Edit: looks like my post was a little late

RageKage

Ideally, i would ditch some of the lift and do raised brackets to keep geometry as close to factory as possible. If your dead set on keeping that much lift, youll probably need raised brackets and the adjustable bar but im not sure.

Edit: looks like my post was a little late

Eventually I plan on going with coil overs but for right now I'm set on the height I have. I'll have to search the old Google for some raised brackets. Thanks

RageKage

So just reread the EVO drag link flip kit and it says the bracket raises the track bar mounting location by 3 inches. I guess now the question is will this be enough? It doesn't say how much lift is the max to use with this kit. It just says anything over 3 inches it is highly recommended.

Drdiesel1

So just reread the EVO drag link flip kit and it says the bracket raises the track bar mounting location by 3 inches. I guess now the question is will this be enough? It doesn't say how much lift is the max to use with this kit. It just says anything over 3 inches it is highly recommended.

If he has a 6.5 lift, wouldn't he still be 3 to 3 1/2 inches short ? I'm pretty sure he will still require an adjustable track bar :thinking:

RageKage

If he has a 6.5 lift, wouldn't he still be 3 to 3 1/2 inches short ? I'm pretty sure he will still require an adjustable track bar :thinking:

Yes the adjustable is still going to be ordered. Now it's more the question of the track bar bracket. And will the EVO one be high enough. I believe it will tho.

JKbrick

Right now it's either the stock one or the one that came with my BDS lift kit. Can't tell for sure. Not even sure if the lift kit came with a new track bar actually.

You could call BDS, they own JKS and maybe it's all the same now, or maybe they won't know and just try to sell you something. Trail Jeeps might have direction and can sell you what you need

Top Bottom