Another Newb question....

0311DoC

After seeing Eddies write-up on the bolt on coil overs I am assuming the only place to get this done right/correct would be at the ORE shop in Fullerton?

No I think any 4x4 shop that has a lot of experience and is good at what they do would be able to install bolt on coilovers , shit I've seen people do it themselves in the driveway

0311DoC

Well that's a task I'm not ready to take on in my driveway lol. I'm in Vegas so I guess I gotta see who out here if any does that set up

Rubicon john

I installed mine in my driveway. It was the most work I've ever done on a vehicle. The instructions paired with Internet searches got me through the instal. I must have called evo 20 times with questions and they were happy to answer them. The EVO tech support was very helpful.

I feel so accomplished now that I did the instal myself and would suggest that you read through the instructions and think again about installing yourself.

You can do it!

0311DoC

So what all did you install? Just the front and rear coilover bolt on system? Was there other stuff you had to add ?

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
I installed mine in my garage on two different jks now. It isn't that bad. Just read the instructions thoroughly a couple times so you know what you are getting into.

I think the worst parts are the Rockstars and getting to a couple of the bolts on the front towers from behind to torque them. Also if you have a12+ you will need to cut out a lot of plastic from the battery box to fit the tower. Take out your battery to be safe. My buddy cut into his battery installing his lol.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Well that's a task I'm not ready to take on in my driveway lol. I'm in Vegas so I guess I gotta see who out here if any does that set up

In Vegas I'd probably hit up Larry at Las Vegas 4x4 and off-road.

Rubicon john

So what all did you install? Just the front and rear coilover bolt on system? Was there other stuff you had to add ?

Yes there is other stuff. Let it be known that bolt on will also include cutting, grinding, and drilling.

In addition to the coilover towers and lower shock mounts front and rear, you'll install new track bar mounts, brake lines, draglink flip kit, and lower front adjustable control arms.

I have a second vehicle, so I took my time on it.

Top Bottom