Psc steering fluid

kpig

Had a local shop install my PSC hydro assist. By the time I got to Texas, most of the Sweepco fluid leaked out of a loose plug on top of the steering box. Ended up getting Royal Purple steering fluid after draining the remnants of the Sweepco. Do I need to completely drain the Royal Purple to refill with Sweepco? And, do you think Royal Purple is sufficient not requiring me to empty and refill, even though PSC recommends Sweepco?

Thanks in advance.

mackey

They can both me mixed. No worries. No need to drain the Royal Purple. It is great. Plenty of people use the Royal Purple and not the Sweepco. Your good to go. Sucks about the leak.

kpig

They can both me mixed. No worries. No need to drain the Royal Purple. It is great. Plenty of people use the Royal Purple and not the Sweepco. Your good to go. Sucks about the leak.

That's great news. Kind of a surprise to see my driver side wheel well covered in fluid, but I guess stuff happens. Thanks for the input.

mackey

That's great news. Kind of a surprise to see my driver side wheel well covered in fluid, but I guess stuff happens. Thanks for the input.

And just for comfort, I base my info after speaking to PSC about a similar issue to yours. Good luck.

MOOK

Make sure to double check that leak! Same thing happened to me a couple weeks ago. Thought it was a fitting on top.. Turned out to be a main seal on the brand new box.. No worries as PSC quickly sent a new one, no charge on any end. Just more down time. Great customer service and product

2Cross

Caught the Bug

When I first had mine installed and went on a long drive mine overflowed once the fluid was warm and the same thing happened to me.
I've been mixing it for five years and no problems

kpig

Make sure to double check that leak! Same thing happened to me a couple weeks ago. Thought it was a fitting on top.. Turned out to be a main seal on the brand new box.. No worries as PSC quickly sent a new one, no charge on any end. Just more down time. Great customer service and product

Looks like the leak stopped. Everything is working so far. I'll keep an eye on things. Thanks.

kpig

When I first had mine installed and went on a long drive mine overflowed once the fluid was warm and the same thing happened to me.
I've been mixing it for five years and no problems

Good to know. I would like to use the Sweepco, but around here, Royal Purple was the only thing readily available. So, Royal Purple it is. Thanks.

Top Bottom