ATX756 Slab Threaded Inserts

Coop

Caught the Bug
Anybody ever have to replace the threaded inserts on the Slabs? One of mine was delivered missing an insert. I cannot get any response out of ATX whatsoever. All I want do is purchase one for the wheel and a few extra. The vender I purchased the wheels from has no idea what I'm talking about. The bolts are 5/16 allen head. Where do you find these inserts? Thanks for any input!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Fastenal has them. I just bought 20 of them a couple weeks ago. $1.50 a piece.

Thought I had the part number handy but I don't. I think they are 5/8-16.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If you can't wait Lowe's has them too.

LOL!! Only if it's one that has a well stocked specialty hardware drawer section - that as opposed to the jumbled mess of empty plastic baggies you typically find :crazyeyes:

ttfhell

You've told me that before and I have yet to find them. I hate when you lie to me.

I still have one here locally purchased on Sierra Lakes. I'll let you have it. If you feel like working for it. Fastenal would only sell me a box. Lowe's had a handful and that's all I needed. Home Depot didn't have any.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I still have one here locally purchased on Sierra Lakes. I'll let you have it. If you feel like working for it. Fastenal would only sell me a box. Lowe's had a handful and that's all I needed. Home Depot didn't have any.

Lies! I have a bunch of extras now anyway. And I have a complete extra set of bolts too. Lol

Nick Zambo

Hey out of Curiosity what are you guys torquing the bead lock at? I am about to pick up a used set of 5 this weekend and not sure if they are going to come with or have any paper work with that info? Do I just torque to the bolt spec or do they call for a specific torque spec?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Hey out of Curiosity what are you guys torquing the bead lock at? I am about to pick up a used set of 5 this weekend and not sure if they are going to come with or have any paper work with that info? Do I just torque to the bolt spec or do they call for a specific torque spec?

23 ft/lbs......

Coop

Caught the Bug

I torqued mine to 23 ft/lbs.

Top Bottom