WJ Driveshaft Questions

ckenney318

This is my first post, so here we go. (I searched for this and didnt find answers)
The front end of my 03 Wj i6 is lifted 4 inches. Of course that stock fron driveshaft doesnt like that very much (it clicks and makes popping noises) so its time to buy a new one. But m not up to paying $300 for a double cardan...
So my question is, where can i get a double cardan front driveshaft at the junk yard. Im pretty sure i remember someone saying it has to be from a 92-95 ZJ. If thats right, what size engine and model?
Also, what is necessary when it comes to slip yoke eliminators? Could i pull that from a ZJ too?

NecessaryEvil

Caught the Bug
The double cardan came with various models of WJ's with select trac transfer cases. I found the more recent years tend to have more double cardan. It's one of those things your just going to have to go to the junk yard and look. The wj requires a new front drive shaft even with 2" of lift, so you reall are pushing it. As far a slip yoke eliminator, just get a hack and tap. Unless you can find a n231 transfer case that don't have one. But if I remember, it don't exist.

Top Bottom