Jeep JK Wrangler Steering Attenuator BUY THIS NOW

jkjouster

Street Smarts PIMP
so i took the plunge and wrenched for the first time on my 2016 JKUR.

this is about the steering attenuator that is available, i am not affiliated, and wanted to lend an opinion.

IT FREEKIN WORKS.

so i have a new JKUR and no modifications yet....and wow, compared to my 2012 sahara, it rocks as a jeep!!! but drives like a turd as expected. i actually was loaned a 15 sahara JKU and it drove much more civilized.
you can really feel the knobs on the mud terrain BFG that come stock on rubicon. i lifted my 2012 2.5 with 35inch tires, so i have driven a lifted jeep before.

Install was way to easy....
first i loosened the clamp bolts on the adjusting sleeve on the drag link.

jacked up the jeep on two jack stands on the control arms.. both tires elevated.

turn steering wheel to the right, and crank the sleeve off. watch out as the threaded ends come close to dislodging and be ready to take a drag link arm to the head....WATCH OUT.

started cranking the attenuator on the pitman arm side, a few threads, then the wheel side drag link arm. threads were about even once threaded fully.

tried to get the wheels and steering wheel as straight as possible torqued clamp bolts. took for a test drive and MAN IT WAS OFF....no matter what you do, you will need to readjust and torque the clamp bolts after a few tries. im a few degrees off center and said screw it....after three stop and adjusts.

conclusion.

EASIEST INSTALL EVER!! do not dare bring this in to a shop if you have jack stands, or wheel ramps....can be done with wheels on the ground probably?

-

Not much mushier then stock, and YES it does isolate the road form the steering wheel, but not in a lacking sort of way. although you cant feel everything you did before, you still have total control, and every aspect of the drive is just as engaging.

i have a huge sweeping turn near my home with two speed bumps mid turn(25MPH posted)(its one of those bumps at 5MPH its like a boulder and at 40MPH its smooth as silk...kinda) ....at 40mph stock, the jeep had crazy bump steer and really clumsy recovery...with the attenuator, the jeep might be bumpsteering, but the amount of dampening in the attenuator is perfect! steering wheel has no lash or jerkiness and perfect recovery of control.

THE BEST PART?
Heavy winds
Road Grooves and Road crown
speed bumps at speed
transitioning from dirt to pavement and reverse......
mid turn undulations that would otherwise cause severe body roll.

it might seem like a leap of faith, but even in stock form it is noticeable, i am one with my vehicles, and after some time behind the wheel, i know whats right and whats wrong, and the limits of danger...please understand, i intend to sue everyone who says NO to making a drag link attenuator OEM. can you tell me why it isnt offered stock for the price?

bang for buck, best performance enhancer. and i say enhancer, because im not sure if i can complete a figure eight faster..

Last edited:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Since I'm probably going to be band again hears a little nugget for you

I dont understand what this even is....thanks for posting pics.

jkjouster

Street Smarts PIMP
ill be starting a build thread shortly and this rant will be posted there.... just thought for others searching for answers. im here to help

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
EASIEST INSTALL EVER!! do not dare bring this in to a shop if you have jack stands, or wheel ramps....can be done with wheels on the ground probably?

Not much mushier then stock, and YES it does isolate the road form the steering wheel, but not in a lacking sort of way. although you cant feel everything you did before, you still have total control, and every aspect of the drive is just as engaging.

bang for buck, best performance enhancer. and i say enhancer, because im not sure if i can complete a figure eight faster..

I dont understand what this even is....thanks for posting pics.

JK Jouster, maybe you are referring to this? http://steersmarts.com/products/griffin-jeep-jk-wrangler-steering-attenuator

Maybe this is a wolf in sheep clothing based on this thread? http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?34385-STEER-SMARTS-has-been-Removed-from-WAYALIFE-for-PIMPING

OP, can you help us out a little bit and explain things a little better?

jeeeep

Hooked
if you already had bumpsteer and other steering related issues why not fix it instead of putting a band-aid on it.
I've driven a jeep with it and honestly couldn't feel any difference even on washboard roads

Are you referring to like a Griffin Jeep JK Wrangler Steering attenuator? I've seen it on quadratec never heard anything about it though.

jkjouster

Street Smarts PIMP
JK Jouster, maybe you are referring to this? http://steersmarts.com/products/griffin-jeep-jk-wrangler-steering-attenuator

Maybe this is a wolf in sheep clothing based on this thread? http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?34385-STEER-SMARTS-has-been-Removed-from-WAYALIFE-for-PIMPING

OP, can you help us out a little bit and explain things a little better?

havent read up on why they might have been blackballed, but i am in fact a cilivian, i do real estate for a childcare franchise. and i love my new jeep?

ill get on the build thread tomorrow for clarification

jkjouster

Street Smarts PIMP
That should be interesting.

Perhaps a little more context, background, and pics might help? I'm a bit of a newbie but have no idea what you're discussing in your original post.

so im not a newbie to jeeps but i do have a new jeep.

there is a company to remain nameless, who produces this product. copy and paste the thread title.

it is a steering component. read up

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
We just get suspicious of stuff like this, when someone posts it because 99% of the time, its someone from that company trying to advertise on here for free.

It looks like an interesting product however after finding it, just dont feel I would trust it myself.

jkjouster

Street Smarts PIMP
if you already had bumpsteer and other steering related issues why not fix it instead of putting a band-aid on it.
I've driven a jeep with it and honestly couldn't feel any difference even on washboard roads

actually a brand new 2016 jku rubi off the showroom floor... ok so maybe not bumpsteer, and i definitely did not have any steering or driveline issues...but it drives like a jeep, which i wanted...but

you need to test drive A or Your jeep outside your neighborhood, and then install and 30 minutes later drive the same jeep with the attenuator outside your neighborhood.... you will 100% know exactly what you installed, maybe it was so apparent because my jeep is still stock otherwise? with 35s and a lift, you probably cant notice very much. but it is there..

Sharkey

Word Ninja
so im not a newbie to jeeps but i do have a new jeep.

there is a company to remain nameless, who produces this product. copy and paste the thread title.

AYFKM? Do you think this is a Harry Potter book or something?

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug

I tried "BUY THIS NOW" and I found 3 stocks to buy right now and Buy Now Buttons with PayPal. I am confused. Can you help us poor newbies who have no clue what you are talking about?

Please help us.. please...

Last edited:
Top Bottom