relocated evap Can now getting gas-cap light

madusa05

so we bit the bullet and broke down and bought the wife a 2010 rubi saw all the posts about evap can and how expencive they are did my research and relocated it above rear axle.
it's been two weeks now the gas-cap light is on it dose have a cheap after market cap so that is step 1.
if that doesn't work any ideas, have double checked all hose clamps.:icon_crazy:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I think I have the same issue as you, not totally sure tho since I have been lazy with getting it scanned. I didnt move my evap, but did break a clip when I pulled it out the 2nd time.

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Bad connection or the cap isn't sealing. I put some grease on the o ring of the cap and it worked perfectly and cleared the light.

Let us know what happens with this. I got the same code and gascap reading. I bought a mopar gas cap from eBay for $16 so I'm hoping that gets it squared away. I've traced all lines and smoked tested it and there are no leaks. A buddy of mine had a similar issue with the P 0456 code. He bought a aftermarket gas cap from advance and immediately it threw up the gascap reading. He then took it back and ordered a Mopar gascap and used his flashpaqs and cleared the code. It hasn't been back on since

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
After relocating mine I got a gascap light and a code for small evap leak. Turns out I had installed the purge valve (rectangular white piece) upside down. Flipped the correct way and cleared the code and all was good.

madusa05

turns out (knock on wood) to be the cheep gas-cap from ??? got a mopar one cleared up the gas-cap message:whew:
thanks for the help everyone:2thumbsup:

Top Bottom