Please Educate Me On Soft Tops!

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Looking to get a new hat for Oscar. First choice is the Bestop NX Twill. I see one on CL from a 2013 JKU - never used, still wrapped and in the boxes. The guy bought it as part of a dual top group. My question is:

Were the stock tops at that time Black Twill?

Napalm

Someone correct me if I am wrong - but I believe that year they had a regular soft top option and a twill soft top option that year. If it doesn't specify premium or twill, it might be just the regular. I believe 2014 is when they made all tops the twill but I could be wrong. One way to tell is that the twill tops are black on the inside while a standard is like a grayish color. Your best bet might just be to look at it and see for yourself.

And in my opinion, I recommend the Bestop TrekTop Nx :)

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Someone correct me if I am wrong - but I believe that year they had a regular soft top option and a twill soft top option that year. If it doesn't specify premium or twill, it might be just the regular. I believe 2014 is when they made all tops the twill but I could be wrong. One way to tell is that the twill tops are black on the inside while a standard is like a grayish color. Your best bet might just be to look at it and see for yourself.

And in my opinion, I recommend the Bestop TrekTop Nx :)

I know where you heart is and that you love your TrekTop! I might go that route if I can't get a great deal on a take off! I think you might be right with your analysis. I will add a couple of pics from the seller of the windows. The outer material looks like twill, just maybe a little light colored? The inside is white so that leads me to think that it's black diamond.?
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1461708433.846039.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1461708452.403096.jpg
Thanks to everyone for helping me sort this out!

Napalm

I know where you heart is and that you love your TrekTop! I might go that route if I can't get a great deal on a take off! I think you might be right with your analysis. I will add a couple of pics from the seller of the windows. The outer material looks like twill, just maybe a little light colored? The inside is white so that leads me to think that it's black diamond.?
View attachment 200286
View attachment 200287

LoL, sorry. I'm a TrekTop whore ;) and that is a standard soft top. Still looks like it's a good deal though!

sipafz

Caught the Bug
LoL, sorry. I'm a TrekTop whore ;) and that is a standard soft top. Still looks like it's a good deal though!
No apologies! The TrekTop is a great top. The possibility of getting a regular NX for half price is just so tempting! The problem here is that I agree that this top is not the twill version so my hunt will continue! Thank you for helping me confirm!
My Bestop Twill is black on the inside.
Thank you for confirming! That's what I thought when looking at them on the Bestops site.

vjusmc

For those of you which have the twill NX what's did you pay for it and where did you get it.

Napalm

For those of you which have the twill NX what's did you pay for it and where did you get it.

Are you talking about the TrekTop NX twill?

If so they run about 1200 and you can find them on Quadratec/Amazon/eBay.

View attachment 200286
View attachment 200287

Correct. This is the standard black Diamond top

Top Bottom