Since I'm probably going to be band again hears a little nugget for you

Hey I was just thumbing through the threads and saw this. I'm actually running one of these and they do make a difference when you have a ton of crosswind going down interstate at high speeds and on washboard roads. Mine didn't drive bad before installed mine but this made a nice improvement to my ride quality. It takes the place of your current adjuster sleeve and honestly is made better than the stock adjuster sleeve. I recommend it for anyone running 35's or better. Here are a few pictures of mine

Attachments

• 1461684793948.jpg
    1461684793948.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 604
  • 1461684844677.jpg
    1461684844677.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 640

Hobolobo

Hey I was just thumbing through the threads and saw this. I'm actually running one of these and they do make a difference when you have a ton of crosswind going down interstate at high speeds and on washboard roads. Mine didn't drive bad before installed mine but this made a nice improvement to my ride quality. It takes the place of your current adjuster sleeve and honestly is made better than the stock adjuster sleeve. I recommend it for anyone running 35's or better. Here are a few pictures of mine

This guy gave us more info in one post than op did in 2 threads

This guy gave us more info in one post than op did in 2 threads

Yeah I like mine. It's worth the money. It keeps the steering nice and straight so your not fighting or white knuckling it during those windy days. Come on guys were all men here but, you know those damn crosswinds can be a mother when they hit you all of a sudden when your driving 70 or 80 down the interstate, or when that damn 18 wheeler damn near blows you off the road. This thing gives you back control of your jeep. It doesn't mask anything, it's like a shock absorber for your steering.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

That's what it is? Seems like a big waste of money to me. I highly doubt it actually does anything.

That's what it is? Seems like a big waste of money to me. I highly doubt it actually does anything.

Well your free to believe that, but it does do what it's supposed to. Some of us just want to believe shit just isn't what it is or if where not the first one to try something then ain't no good or it doesn't do what it's supposed to, or its snake oil or whatever the hell you want to call it. I can attest and tell this thing works. I was hesitant to buy it as well at first,but after reading numerous reviews on it and speaking with the people who actually designed the thing I was convinced to buy it. Took me a year, but I finally gave in. Couldn't be more happier. I know how to drive my rig and like I said mine didn't drive bad before but with almost 5" of lift your damn gets all over the road when the winds blows and rides like shit on washboard roads and this thing helps take that harshness you feel in the steering away.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
...but with almost 5" of lift your damn gets all over the road when the winds blows and rides like shit on washboard roads and this thing helps take that harshness you feel in the steering away.

I hope you don't take this the wrong way but it sounds to me like you've just got a 5" lift kit with sub-standard ride/handling characteristics and this gimmicky steering stabilizer is just helping to mask some of it. But hey, that's just me.

As far as this thread goes, I honestly can't believe it didn't get caught by the spam filters :naw:

I hope you don't take this the wrong way but it sounds to me like you've just got a 5" lift kit with sub-standard ride/handling characteristics and this gimmicky steering stabilizer is just helping to mask some of it. But hey, that's just me.

As far as this thread goes, I honestly can't believe it didn't get caught by the spam filters :naw:

Damn dude if you could read I said it handled fine before I put the thing on. This doesn't help bump steer like a correction brackets or adjustable controls arms do, it just helps take the feel of the road out of the steering and give you a little more control when crosswinds hit you. It ain't for everyone but damn the things only $140 and it does improve the ride. If your happy with how your jeep performs and drives then don't buy it. I'm not trying to convince anyone to get it, I was just offering up some better input on it since the OP wasn't

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Damn dude if you could read I said it handled fine before I put the thing on. This doesn't help bump steer like a correction brackets or adjustable controls arms do, it just helps take the feel of the road out of the steering and give you a little more control when crosswinds hit you. It ain't for everyone but damn the things only $140 and it does improve the ride. If your happy with how your jeep performs and drives then don't buy it. I'm not trying to convince anyone to get it, I was just offering up some better input on it since the OP wasn't

Damn dude, if you can read, I said I hoped you wouldn't take what I said the wrong way but, so much for that. If you're ride handled "fine" before you put this gimmicky doohickey on, I can't imagine why you'd spend any time looking for and doing extensive research on a product that costs $140 to "improve" your ride. But hey, that's just me. Of course, what I did read is you complaining about your unnamed 5" lift kit and how it, and I quote, "gets all over the road when the winds blows and rides like shit on washboard roads" and how the "harshness you feel" in your steering is also helped out. But hey, that's just what I read.

I guess you would have to actually have one installed to give an honest opinion on what it actually does. I'm in no way endorsing anyone to buy one, but it does work. But obviously it's hard to prove anything to a bunch of jackasses who think they know everything.

Now let the flaming begin, trust me I'm a big boy I can handle it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I guess you would have to actually have one installed to give an honest opinion on what it actually does.

I guess you would have to have a 5" lift on your Jeep that "gets all over the road when the winds blows and rides like shit on washboard roads" and has a "harshness you feel" to actually look for, research and want to spend $140 on one of squishy rubbery things.

I'm in no way endorsing anyone to buy one, but it does work.

That's great to hear! If I had a 5" lifted Jeep that "gets all over the road when the winds blows and rides like shit on washboard roads" and has a "harshness you feel", I might want something to address those issues too. Fortunately for you, it only cost $140.

But obviously it's hard to prove anything to a bunch of jackasses who think they know everything.

LOL!! I may be a jackass but it's pretty obvious that the only one who thinks he knows everything is you. Apparently, I don't even know that I have a steering issue that needs a $140 squishy rubbery thingy to fix it. :crazyeyes:

JAGS

Hooked
I guess you would have to have a 5" lift on your Jeep that "gets all over the road when the winds blows and rides like shit on washboard roads" and has a "harshness you feel" to actually look for, research and want to spend $140 on one of squishy rubbery things.

That's great to hear! If I had a 5" lifted Jeep that "gets all over the road when the winds blows and rides like shit on washboard roads" and has a "harshness you feel", I might want something to address those issues too. Fortunately for you, it only cost $140.

LOL!! I may be a jackass but it's pretty obvious that the only one who thinks he knows everything is you. Apparently, I don't even know that I have a steering issue that needs a $140 squishy rubbery thingy to fix it. :crazyeyes:

:cheesy: Sure am glad I only have a 4" lift with 37s that can do 82mph on the highway with 25mph side winds with no problem. I mean, I was super close to buying these and having a shop install for me. :crazyeyes:

Well most people who own a Jeep with a lift knows that when the wind blows and on washboard roads they ride like shit, but I wasn't looking to improve my ride when I bought it, just my steering a little. Mines dialed in pretty good so we will leave it at that. I know how to build a Jeep and don't have validate it to anybody especially people who are blinded by their own opinions.

Also I don't know everything, I was just making a suggestion but glad we can agree on one thing and that's you being a Jackass!

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Jeep JK Wrangler Steering Attenuator BUY THIS NOW

Well most people who own a Jeep with a lift knows that when the wind blows and on washboard roads they ride like shit, but I wasn't looking to improve my ride when I bought it, just my steering a little. Mines dialed in pretty good so we will leave it at that. I know how to build a Jeep and don't have validate it to anybody especially people who are blinded by their own opinions.

Also I don't know everything, I was just making a suggestion but glad we can agree on one thing and that's you being a Jackass!

You just signed up and intentionally came here to troll; get lost troll. We don't want you here.

Last edited:

Sharkey

Word Ninja

You are a sack of shit troll. You didn't just "thumb through the threads" and see this BS thread, you came here because of this thread. Get lost troll.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1461714005.720043.jpg

You just signed up and intentionally came here to troll; get lost troll. We don't want you here.

Ok I signed up because someone said that the attenuator was being talked about on here and I thought I would offer some insight on it. Then I saw ya'll was bashing the shit out of the other dude who rightfully so didn't provide much info on it. Then I explain a little bit about it and its turned around on me. Now if you have never tried it and don't know shit about it and never heard of it, like most of you have said, then how can you say it will work or not. And how am I all of sudden get flame for offering my hands on experience of it. Do what the hell you want with your jeep I could care less but just because you don't have something or never heard of it don't mean something ain't worth a damn.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well most people who own a Jeep with a lift knows that when the wind blows and on washboard roads they ride like shit.

I'm impressed. I don't have a clue as to who you are and yet, you seem to know "most people who own a Jeep with a lift" and what they think of their ride. :thumb:

...but I wasn't looking to improve my ride when I bought it, just my steering a little.

Of course you weren't. I mean, you just had that thing where your Jeep "rides like shit" when the "wind blows and on washboard roads". Clearly, you just needed a little steering improvement :crazyeyes:

Mines dialed in pretty good so we will leave it at that. I know how to build a Jeep

Well, if you say so on the internet, it must be true :yup:

...and don't have validate it to anybody especially people who are blinded by their own opinions.

LOL!! Clearly, the only person you need to validate anything to is yourself and your blinded opinions. But really, I get it. I mean, it'd be pretty lame to have spent $140 on something you didn't really need.

Also I don't know everything

Fair enough, not everything, just what "most people who own a Jeep with a lift" think of their ride. Certainly, it's more than what I know so you've definitely got one up on me :yup:

I was just making a suggestion but glad we can agree on one thing and that's you being a Jackass!

:cheesy: Yeah, I may be a jackass but you're the one who's choosing to spend your time on this jackass' forum - just sayin ;)

Top Bottom