Opinions Needed.

TennJK

There are two things that I am considering.

1. Selling my hardtop and keeping the Trektop NX on full time.

2. Selling my rear bumper w/ tire carrier and putting the EVO facia and d ring mounts on.

What do you guys think about it? I love my Trektop and its great for warmer weather, but what is it like in the winter? Or over longer periods of time? And I love the look of the facia, but wondered if the bumper was worth keeping due to the weight on the tailgate.

Let me know what you guys think. And if you have any pics of either, post them up!

There are two things that I am considering.

1. Selling my hardtop and keeping the Trektop NX on full time.

2. Selling my rear bumper w/ tire carrier and putting the EVO facia and d ring mounts on.

What do you guys think about it? I love my Trektop and its great for warmer weather, but what is it like in the winter? Or over longer periods of time? And I love the look of the facia, but wondered if the bumper was worth keeping due to the weight on the tailgate.

Let me know what you guys think. And if you have any pics of either, post them up!

The trektop is fine in the winter. My jeeps heater will run your ass out it gets so hot. We had several 14" snows this past year, no issues. I dont regret selling my hard top at all. Ever.

Sell the bumper/carrier. The factory carrier is fine for what your running, or you can always go with a hinge/body mount carrier.

All my opinion of course.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
My soft top is fine in our mild winters. I pulled off the hard top, kept it a year, and never put it back on.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Being that your in Tennessee and prob don't get as much snow as I do in pa your going to be fine. I only have a soft top and have ran it for 4 winters with zero issues. The only thing I do is just pay attention to if its a wet or heavy snow and go out and brush the top off to make sure there isn't to much weight on it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, your Jeep heater will keep you plenty warm in the winter. We run around with ours all year long and I suspect we get a lot more snow than you do in our neck of the woods.

Regarding the rear bumper, I could go either way. I don't run anything on the rear of either of our JK's but we do have the EVO corners and tire carrier installed.

TennJK

Thanks guys. I've got some things to consider. You could just cook food with the heaters in these jeeps. And the EVO tire carrier and corners are my end goal. By far my favorite out there. I just don't see myself putting the hardtop back on after enjoying the trektop so much.

Eezybreezy08

Hey dude. I'm in Tennessee to. And I run the trek top year round no problem. The heater will keep you plenty warm in the winter. As far as the bumper goes, I took mine off a long time ago and just run with the d ring mounts myself. So I'm all for you getting rid of the other stuff if you want. You'll be just fine

TennJK

Hey dude. I'm in Tennessee to. And I run the trek top year round no problem. The heater will keep you plenty warm in the winter. As far as the bumper goes, I took mine off a long time ago and just run with the d ring mounts myself. So I'm all for you getting rid of the other stuff if you want. You'll be just fine

Glad to hear it. You guys are making my decision easier lol. I appreciate it. I may just do the d rings for the time being

Top Bottom