Need some advice

TimOHthy

So I purchased my first jeep last November, a 2 door sport. I seriously love my jeep but the last month or so I noticed my ac wasn't doing much of anything unless I was going around 70 and after some research I found out mine doesn't have ac, which the dealer I bought it from said it did. Anyways here where I live it hits 110+ in the summers so I'm trying to decide if I should trade it in now or just see how the summer goes in it. What do you guys think is best, trade it in now while miles are still pretty low(20k) or wait it out and see how it goes like I said?

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Where I live, I'd get rid of it, or get something else to drive between June and the middle of September, which would take the fun time of the year away for a Jeep.

TimOHthy

How did you not know it has AC? I don't have AC in mine and it was pretty obvious.

Well being new to jeeps I took the dealers word for it, wich he told me it was electronically cooled and not like the standard freon systems so I didn't think to investigate too much at the time. So it's really my mistake that I'm dealing with now, just trying to figure out what route to go with it.

TimOHthy

Where I live, I'd get rid of it, or get something else to drive between June and the middle of September, which would take the fun time of the year away for a Jeep.

Yeah I'm thinking that I may as well just add more to my loan and get a jkur at this point

Tekel

Well being new to jeeps I took the dealers word for it, wich he told me it was electronically cooled and not like the standard freon systems so I didn't think to investigate too much at the time. So it's really my mistake that I'm dealing with now, just trying to figure out what route to go with it.

And people wonder why Car dealers are put up there with lawyers in people we hate. Bunch of sheisters who will screw you over and lie to you in a heart beat to get a sale.

Never again will I walk on a lot and look at cars and negotiate from there.

mastrcruse

Ya I'd get rid of it if your going to hate driving it. Ive had a few cars with no AC which were okay in Ohio. If I lived in a high heat state, I wouldn't even think about keeping it. See if its in any of the paperwork from your purchase.

Post a picture of the center part of your dash, I'd be interested to see what it looks like.

TimOHthy

Ya I'd get rid of it if your going to hate driving it. Ive had a few cars with no AC which were okay in Ohio. If I lived in a high heat state, I wouldn't even think about keeping it. See if its in any of the paperwork from your purchase.

Post a picture of the center part of your dash, I'd be interested to see what it looks like.

Pretty much my feeling exactly, just sucks because I'm going to be taking a loss on it.

Top Bottom