Knocking sound

JK_Jimmy

Hey guys figured I'd throw this problem I'm having out there to you and see what people think it may be. So I'm hearing a knocking noise from the rear driver side. I usually only hear it when I accelerate from a stop or if I downshift and accelerate hard. I also hear it if I'm going over a bump in first gear while making a turn. I recently replaced a blown rear shock and thought maybe that would take care of the noise....it didn't. Does anyone have any ideas what this may be?

I've done some research on my own as to the cause of this noise and after some reading it sounds like it may be a broken shock mount. I haven't confirmed this yet but I plan on getting under the jeep tomorrow and taking a closer look.

WJCO

Meme King
Grab the shock by hand and try to move it. Sounds like a ujoint to me other than the turning symptom. You could have a broken spider gear tooth as well.

Devallee

I had a similar problem and it ended up being a loose upper control arm in the rear. It would make a clank sound every time the jeep rocked. Threw some locktite on and torqued it to specs and it hasn't been an issue

Top Bottom