Wharton State Forest dates and times????

Jersey_Devil

OK so after starting threads on both here and JK-Forum about the South Jersey Pines I've been receiving pms from ppl wanting to go out here and also comments on the threads stating this. So I purpose we set a date and time and area of Wharton that we can all go out for an entire day of wheeling stock and modded rigs alike!

Wharton State Forest is HUGE! It has so very tame trails, and it also has some tough obstacles (not rocks like out west either, MUD!) But all the tough obstacles have cut-arounds, so everyone can get thru.

1.) We need to map out back route, any suggestions please post here (ie: enter at Ranger Station, or travel old Jackson Rd)

2.) We need to set a date. It should be at least a month or so away so ppl have time to request off from work if need be necessary.

3.) We need to set an early time, and be firm. We can't wait around all day for stragglers coming late. Set a schedule and keep to it!

4.) Lastly we need to make sure everyone is safe and has fun!

Now let's get this going, and go get muddy!

Jersey_Devil

March 9th attendance list

1. Dropkick-JK
2. PJF14
3. Irishjeepman

Sent from my SCH-I905 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

jkmadness

OK so after starting threads on both here and JK-Forum about the South Jersey Pines I've been receiving pms from ppl wanting to go out here and also comments on the threads stating this. So I purpose we set a date and time and area of Wharton that we can all go out for an entire day of wheeling stock and modded rigs alike!

Wharton State Forest is HUGE! It has so very tame trails, and it also has some tough obstacles (not rocks like out west either, MUD!) But all the tough obstacles have cut-arounds, so everyone can get thru.

1.) We need to map out back route, any suggestions please post here (ie: enter at Ranger Station, or travel old Jackson Rd)

2.) We need to set a date. It should be at least a month or so away so ppl have time to request off from work if need be necessary. That's why I chose February 23rd

3.) We need to set an early time, and be firm. We can't wait around all day for stragglers coming late. Set a schedule and keep to it!

4.) Lastly we need to make sure everyone is safe and has fun!

Now let's get this going, and go get muddy!
I"m in:rock:

Jersey_Devil

Stock or not I'm def in!

Awesome! The meeting spot will be at the MAIN GATE AT ATCO RACEWAY and the meeting time will be between 7-9am to give everyone from up north plenty of time, between 9-10 we will get set up and roll out as soon as we're ready!

Last edited:

Jersey_Devil

CHANGING THE MEETING SPOT!!!!!

ATCO RACEWAY MAIN GATE is the new meeting spot..... SAME TIMES!

After spending all day in Wharton today looking for trails by the Ranger Station EVERYTHING i found u can take a car down.... And the final decision maker on changing the spot was when an AMG Mercedes convertible passed by us.

ForumRunner_20130105_150635.jpg

Atco Raceway is in the top left corner of the map.... It's the #5 on the list of top ten drag strips in the country so it's an easy place to find on any search.

Last edited:

Firespyer

I think I read that stock is ok for this run?
If my delivery date agrees I might be able to join, hope I am ok with Temp plates :D

I'll have a first aid kit, and extinguisher. Anything else I would need?

Jersey_Devil

I think I read that stock is ok for this run?
If my delivery date agrees I might be able to join, hope I am ok with Temp plates :D

I'll have a first aid kit, and extinguisher. Anything else I would need?

Everyone should have plenty of recovery gear there so just make sure to bring water and pack a lunch.... Ur stock jeep will already have tow points

kb3ejw

the wife has put in our calendar.we r set and i can't wait.our '12 Rubicon has been in the body shot since November.
i need to get back into the woods big time!!!!!!

Jersey_Devil

This is gonna be a lot of fun! I had to say no more ppl other than the ppl who already said their coming....

Heres a updated list:

JK-Forum

1. Jersey_Devil
2. Boots
3. Combolc
4. Old Fart
5. Wagonman_1
6. SSDudas maybe Friend
7. mdd423 / LJ
8. Dan5677 / 2 Jeeps
9. Tyreelp
10. Riznoy
11. JKmadness
12. NPEREZ1
13. Dropkick-JK
14. Rich21 / 3 Jeeps
15. RJ's08JK
16. lvd76
17. Rubicon7879
18. Metaldemon
19. dis_dis
20. Skijeep

Wayalife.com

1. Jersey_Devil
2. JKmadness
3. NY1982JK
4. firespyer
5. PJF14
6. kb3ejw
7. NOPULP13

This is gonna be a fun day in the woods with family and friends.... Someone is even bringing the family dog along! Hopefully we have a beautiful sunny day for the event..... Make sure to arrive early!

February 23rd
Meeting Place: Atco Raceway MAIN GATE
Meeting time: 7am - 9am ( meet & greet)
9am get set up and roll out by 10am at the latest

Last edited:
Top Bottom