Drag link flip Q

metalic

I just installed a RHD drag link and 3" of bumps. I stacked on a friends 35 to see clearance and my drag link was touching frame still had some up travel left. Had anyone had this issue? Thinking I'm going to relocate the PS line and notch frame as I don't want to add anymore bumps

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
You can notch the frame but just make sure you box it. Most people will just add the 1/4" of bump to prevent it

hhunter050

Mine just started doing that with my new draglink but I plan on notching the frame but I need a bit of room which is why I didn't go the bumpstops route

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I just installed a RHD drag link and 3" of bumps. I stacked on a friends 35 to see clearance and my drag link was touching frame still had some up travel left. Had anyone had this issue? Thinking I'm going to relocate the PS line and notch frame as I don't want to add anymore bumps

How much lift are you running? Doesn't sound like much let alone enough to warrant a drag link flip.

metalic

How much lift are you running? Doesn't sound like much let alone enough to warrant a drag link flip.

I netted a little over 3" from stock. I have a core 44 axle and my adjustable track bar has been rubbing the difference cover and there's no option for a different cover so I wanted to flip to get the factory track bar back. I have 3" of bump and my drag link is contacting frame and I'm not completely stuffed yet.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
You can notch the frame but just make sure you box it. Most people will just add the 1/4" of bump to prevent it

noob question, but what do you mean "notch the frame"? like cut out a notch? I'm asking because I noticed my draglink (flipped) made contact with the frame at somepoint over the weekend under heavy flex. 4" Plushrides w/ 3" bumps and 37s

metalic

noob question, but what do you mean "notch the frame"? like cut out a notch? I'm asking because I noticed my draglink (flipped) made contact with the frame at somepoint over the weekend under heavy flex. 4" Plushrides w/ 3" bumps and 37s

This is a pic I found via Google of someone that notched for clearance

Attachments

• 1462216465994.jpg
    1462216465994.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 105

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

Your not running enough bump. You want about as much bump as your running lift (+/- .5")

jeeeep

Hooked
those who are hitting the drag link, did you cycle your suspension after doing the drag link flip?
I'm wondering if you're hitting the drag link if you're also bottoming out your shocks

metalic

those who are hitting the drag link, did you cycle your suspension after doing the drag link flip?
I'm wondering if you're hitting the drag link if you're also bottoming out your shocks

Yes
That's how I know that I hit the drag link. I'm not bottoming out my shocks as I've ran this lift for Over a year with 35s then 37s without a problem. I'm not afraid to cut or take the BFH to my rig to keep it low is part of my problem

Top Bottom