Hey, Eddie have you ever rolled your JK over on the trails???

ralfman5

If you have, did you have a roll cage? and does it really help not bending frame? last question is im planning on getting the PSC rocker knockers, i want to know if its compatible with my evo long arm bolt on kit? Thanks

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I dont think Eddie has, but other members have had a flop, and the cage does help in a roll over and protect the jeep since they are not connected together other than the rubber body mounts. I can not comment on the long arm kit fitting with those rocker knockers tho.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If you have, did you have a roll cage? and does it really help not bending frame?

LOL!! Are you kidding me? I haven't yet but I do have a Rock Hard Sport Cage in the event it ever happens. Don't think it'll help the frame any being that it's separate from the body.

last question is im planning on getting the PSC rocker knockers, i want to know if its compatible with my evo long arm bolt on kit? Thanks

I'm not EVO so I couldn't tell you for sure but I don't think it would be an issue. What is an issue is that I have seen Rocker Knockers get hit hard enough to where they bend up and make it so you can't open up your doors.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
On this note, i would like to see pics of a flopped jeep with a rockhard cage in it.

You mean like this...

main.php

main.php

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Any pics of it after it was rolled back over?

Just a few.

main.php

main.php

Front fender got tweeked and the rear fender got knocked off but otherwise, there was NO body damage.

main.php

The factory cage hit a boulder and that caused it to kink over a bit. When we got off the trail, we found that it was off enough and effected the body enough to prevent the proper reinstallation of the rear door.

main.php

Brute

Hooked
Has anyone ever heard of the "famous chili rollover"?...I saw a sign that said this hung on a cross on a narrow shelf road above Big Pine, CA on the way to Papoose Flats last summer...I looked down on the spot, but couldn't make out a vehicle in the brush. If someone did roll there, they would have rolled for about 3-4 minutes several thousand feet...most likely resulting in a fatality.

Last edited:
LOL!! Are you kidding me? I haven't yet but I do have a Rock Hard Sport Cage in the event it ever happens. Don't think it'll help the frame any being that it's separate from the body.

^ this.

You have to remember a cage is not designed to protect the vehicle, it's designed to protect the occupants.

Take this photo submission in from a customer. His Jeep is a total loss, but he is alive.

His words:
Christian said:
"I was in Big Bear coming down to go watch King of the Hammers race. Coming around a blind corner a boulder had fallen in the middle of the road. With no time to stop I hit it dead on with my passenger side axle, doing around 40 mph. I flipped three times in a barrel roll landing on the edge of the cliff. Just as I realized what happened I did two back flips over the edge of a 200' plus cliff. Hitting trees and boulders on my way down. Just clinched down and hope a tree wasn't gonna go through my body! Came to a stop at the bottom and walked away with just one scratch on my leg. Took us 6 hours to winch and snatch block it back to the road at the top. The cage most definitely saved my life."

10407611_758174614232135_8788752467294380073_n.jpg

1492425_758174660898797_934960770118038286_o.jpg

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
^ this.

You have to remember a cage is not designed to protect the vehicle, it's designed to protect the occupants.

Take this photo submission in from a customer. His Jeep is a total loss, but he is alive.

His words:

10407611_758174614232135_8788752467294380073_n.jpg

1492425_758174660898797_934960770118038286_o.jpg

Pretty awesome, guys! It looks like it did its job well.

Sithwindu

If you have, did you have a roll cage? and does it really help not bending frame? last question is im planning on getting the PSC rocker knockers, i want to know if its compatible with my evo long arm bolt on kit? Thanks

Referring to the rocker knockers, if you opt for the frame mounted sliders, they will not fit with the long arm, but you can order them with the 3rd arm flange not connected so you could burn on to fit whatever long arm you are running. But I can't comment on the body mounted rocker knockers

Top Bottom