Rancho RS9000XL

Nimbo

Hi guys, just need a quick bit of help. Can't ride my Teraflex lift kit any longer, just hate it, I'm keeping the TF springs for the time being until I can get plush rides. I have the 2.5inch lift, just wondering what RS999??? number I should be looking at. I'm up in the Yukon and ordering online, so want to get the right length ones. Cheers!

mastrcruse

Hi guys, just need a quick bit of help. Can't ride my Teraflex lift kit any longer, just hate it, I'm keeping the TF springs for the time being until I can get plush rides. I have the 2.5inch lift, just wondering what RS999??? number I should be looking at. I'm up in the Yukon and ordering online, so want to get the right length ones. Cheers!

For 2.5" you want 29xl front and 30xl rear in the 9000s.

swampdog

I believe the 329 and 330 are the correct shocks for that height. The 331 and 332 are for 3" or more of lift, but I use the 331/332 with a bit more bump stop on my 2.5" RK system. I went with the longer shock for when I go up to a 3.5" spring and 37s I won't have to re-order shocks.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Honestly those shocks won't help. It's the teraflex coils that suck. I've had that same combo and it rode like shit.

swampdog

Good thing he's ditching them for plush rides. They won't fix your problem now, but they may take the edge off until you get the plush rides, which pair nicely with the Ranchos. What shocks are you running now OP?

Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Good thing he's ditching them for plush rides. They won't fix your problem now, but they may take the edge off until you get the plush rides, which pair nicely with the Ranchos. What shocks are you running now OP?

Actually no they take the edge off. But what would I know, I only ran that exact same setup for 2 years.

swampdog

Actually no they take the edge off. But what would I know, I only ran that exact same setup for 2 years.

That's why I asked which shocks he is coming from now, it's not going to fix it, but if he is going from a stiff shock (5100) to the 9ks, it should help.

Nimbo

Running the dreaded Teraflex shocks, came with the kit. I ordered the shocks first, then I'll get the Plush Rides for sure. Cheers for the heads up about the ride not changing due to the TF springs, will change them out as soon as I have the funds, I am feeling very motivated to get rid if the TF kit. I'm not even going to sell it as I'm not putting someone else through the TF setup!

having said that Can I add the Metal Cloak 3.5 Springs and the 9000 for a better ride
I currently have 3" BDS with FOX

Eezybreezy08

You can always go to the rancho website and look up there shocks. They tell you what shock goes with what size lift and if that dosent work for you, call them

Top Bottom