used stock front d44 rubi locker...whats it worth $$

BertaNation

I was hoping someone here would be able to give me an opinion on a fair price for a OEM front d44 rubi locker, stock axle shafts, 488 R&P. It will come assembled in the housing, but the catch is that the axle housing is no good, i would essentially just remove the shafts and internals and put them into a PR44 housing. $650 is what i am looking at as of now just didn't know if that was a fair price or am i paying too much. thx

jeeeep

Hooked
too much if you're just going to use the axle shafts and internals, especially if the housing is not good.

what's wrong with the housing? if damaged do you know if any of the damage transferred to the internals?

mds22

Anyone wanna chime in???

You posted at midnight eastern and then again at 7am eastern. That's usually when people sleep. So be patient. I'm sure someone that knows will help.

For me the housing is a paperweight. Take anything you are going to reuse and see what it would cost by itself. Then take off for having to do the labor of removing.
Used stock shafts and used 4.88 are not expensive items. Are you planning on reusing the locker in your PR?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Not worth it. $650 for parts and probably $2-300 to remove those parts, you're at the price of an arb locker right there. Might as well spend the little bit extra and get a new arb, new shafts and new gears.

BertaNation

Not worth it. $650 for parts and probably $2-300 to remove those parts, you're at the price of an arb locker right there. Might as well spend the little bit extra and get a new arb, new shafts and new gears.

That was my debate. I figure it will cost me about 3700 total.

650 for used parts
2200 pr44 housing
150 master install kit
200 synergy ball joints
500ish labor

Any issue I need to think about as far as putting it in my jku sport. Other than providing the electrical to hook it up.

BertaNation

You posted at midnight eastern and then again at 7am eastern. That's usually when people sleep. So be patient. I'm sure someone that knows will help.

For me the housing is a paperweight. Take anything you are going to reuse and see what it would cost by itself. Then take off for having to do the labor of removing.
Used stock shafts and used 4.88 are not expensive items. Are you planning on reusing the locker in your PR?

Ya I just didn't want it to work its way to far down the page and get over looked

BertaNation

too much if you're just going to use the axle shafts and internals, especially if the housing is not good.

what's wrong with the housing? if damaged do you know if any of the damage transferred to the internals?

One of the tubes is bent. No I really don't know if the internals got damaged. He hit a curb and bent it. Good point
I do know that he had chromemoly shafts in it and pulled them already and sold them.

jeeeep

Hooked
if you're ordering a pr44, I'd get it built and ready to install from Dynatrac. they would advise you and get you within your budget and save you install costs.
they certainly worked with me and all my questions when i ordered mine.
also be sure to order it with the raised track bar bracket, not sure if it's standard or an option

Top Bottom