Clutch pedal position switch?!? How do you get it back in???

PMaddox

Hey guys-

Wondering if anyone else has removed the CPPS from the slave cylinder. I took mine out a couple days ago to trouble shoot a no start issue and I haven't been able to get it back in. The no start issue ended up being the ignition switch under the column- easy fix, but now I've been having to drop into 4 low to override the switch ever since. The switch is right up against the firewall. It looks like I might have to pull the fender liner, but I was hoping someone knew of a trick before I go to all that trouble.. Thanks in advance

PMaddox

upper tabs , click forum. scroll down a bit and you should see the header.

what year is your Jeep?

Thanks for the etiquette training Trailraider! Wave posted, so I'm now an official member!

It's an '07 unlimited X. 6 speed manual tranny. I found some pics of the slave cylinder showing the switch that may help w/ the re-installation. I'll try it again today, but I may end up just having to jumper it.

trailraider

Hey guys-

Wondering if anyone else has removed the CPPS from the slave cylinder. I took mine out a couple days ago to trouble shoot a no start issue and I haven't been able to get it back in. The no start issue ended up being the ignition switch under the column- easy fix, but now I've been having to drop into 4 low to override the switch ever since. The switch is right up against the firewall. It looks like I might have to pull the fender liner, but I was hoping someone knew of a trick before I go to all that trouble.. Thanks in advance

it should just snap onto the clutch master. no need to take the fender off.

PMaddox

FYI... Just updating incase someone else runs across this. My switch kept falling out after riding rough terrain. I must have messed up the clip when removing it. Anyway- Zip tied it and haven't had another issue since.

madstiles

I think your talking about the cluth master cylinder not the slave cylinder anyways it just snaps on not really much force just has to be lined up flush on the end top and bottom and should snap right in

Top Bottom