So I guess it's time to replace my x-joints

Christarp

(At least I think they're called x-joints?)
I did a tire rotation on Sunday and as I had the front lifted I just spun the tire and noticed how bad it really was..

Here's a video of said joint:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QfStnoAG5k

I can't replace it right now because I'm fairly busy, but I think it should be ok as long as I stick to the road and 2wd..

Any recommendations? Unfortunately I still have my stock D30. Also I just watched Eddies video on replacing them, don't have a press but I do have a bench vice so maybe that'll work out.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Yup I would say it's shot. Even in 2wd it could still fail on you but not as quickly as it would in 4wd. If you want you could pull the shaft and just plug the tube till you get the replacement in.

Christarp

That's probably not a bad idea for peace of mind considering I wont be doing any sort of trails for probably the next month or two. I might just end up doing that!

OJK12

How long have those been in there? I was considering those as a backup set but if they didn't last long I'll just stick to the spicers.

Christarp

As far as I know they're stock, and I'm at about 93k miles so.. Unless the previous owner replaced them of course.

jeeeep

Hooked
I would do as cozdude suggested, even DD stop and go traffic will make that joint jolt being that loose and could break .

Top Bottom