Intercom System

steve091

Hey y'all. Anyone here ever instal an intercom system and use headsets? I haven't done it yet so I am unsure but how noisy is it rollin down the highway at 75 mph with no top? Can you keep a conversation going without yelling?

Petthefish

I would think you need noise canceling headphones in order to hear but then the problem would be you can't hear sirens and other squeaks and noses the jeep may be making

RMC2

Caught the Bug
I would love to have an intercom, and agree noise cancelling is likely the way to go. The reason is things get loud at 75, even with "quiet" tires. I have spent a lot of time around helicopters and lots of other noisy stuff, so hearing protection is important to me.

One of my concerns is are there any legal concerns? I think there may be. You can wear a helmet on a motorcycle and that helps with noise, and you can use an intercom on a motorcycle.

But can you wear headsets in a Jeep?

If they were cheaper, I might already have a set.

303jkpatriot

Hey y'all. Anyone here ever instal an intercom system and use headsets? I haven't done it yet so I am unsure but how noisy is it rollin down the highway at 75 mph with no top? Can you keep a conversation going without yelling?

Coloradan just installed that rugged radio intercom set. He might be able to help weigh in!

I would think you need noise canceling headphones in order to hear but then the problem would be you can't hear sirens and other squeaks and noses the jeep may be making

You would still be able to hear those noises. Noise canceling doesn't create silence it just lowers the noise level. We use them in planes all the time and it actually makes hearing those little noises easier because they aren't overwhelmed by the background noise.

Top Bottom