Lift kits

Helipilot2

I'm looking at 2 inch suspension lift kits for my bronco. I have found kits including rear leaf springs, camber and caster shims, single shocks for all 4 corners and front coil springs. Price is $1000.00 through SkyJacker. Does that sound about right? Doesn't say it includes U bolts. Do they come standard with new leaf springs or do my stock U bolts fit fine?

Dustless

Rough Country Ford F150/Bronco 2.5" Suspension Kit 1980-1996

Kit Includes:
Front coil springs, radius arm drop brackets, I-beam drop brackets, 4 RC Hydro 8000 series shocks, u-bolts, and option of 2" rear blocks or rear leaf springs.

Note:
Vehicle with factory quad shocks, select quad shock option of Hydro or Nitro.
Rear leaf springs fith F150's ONLY

Estimated Install Time: 6-8 hours
Max Tire Size: 32 x 11.50

Vehicle Application:
1980-1996 Ford F150
1980-1996 Ford Bronco

Not sure if this is what you are looking for or if you are doing the work yourself but this is at fatbobs for 430 with Nitro shock and 420 with Hydro

Helipilot2

Rough Country Ford F150/Bronco 2.5" Suspension Kit 1980-1996

Kit Includes:
Front coil springs, radius arm drop brackets, I-beam drop brackets, 4 RC Hydro 8000 series shocks, u-bolts, and option of 2" rear blocks or rear leaf springs.

Note:
Vehicle with factory quad shocks, select quad shock option of Hydro or Nitro.
Rear leaf springs fith F150's ONLY

Estimated Install Time: 6-8 hours

Ok so I don't understand the "Note" portion. The bronco has rear leaf springs, so that means this kit would not fit? Or is it saying if you get the new leaf spring option they only fit F-150?

Dustless

looking at it i would take it as you would have to use the ones you already have on your bronco and that the kit only has them for f-150 and not bronco but all else is included for the bronco

I went back to site and yeah you can only get the leaf springs for the f-150 package you cant pick them for the bronco

Helipilot2

With a 4 inch lift and nitro 9000 quad shocks, dual steering stabilizer, front and rear brake lines and sway bar drop down brackets it's $1000.00. I'll probably do that

Helipilot2

That includes rear leaf springs. I could save $300 an just get 4 inch blocks for the rear and only pay $700. Are the leaf springs worth the extra $300?

Dustless

That includes rear leaf springs. I could save $300 an just get 4 inch blocks for the rear and only pay $700. Are the leaf springs worth the extra $300?

I wouldnt know :) I am just quick and good and looking stuff up :rock: spend to much time on the computer

Dustless

Sounds great! if you need a helping hand in putting it in or some one to bs with and hand you tools let me know (thats if your installing yourself):thumb:

Helipilot2

Sounds great! if you need a helping hand in putting it in or some one to bs with and hand you tools let me know (thats if your installing yourself):thumb:

I'll remember this, I will for sure need help since I'm missing some of my tools back home and have no jack. Just waiting for tax returns to come in before I buy it.

RockyJk

You'd probably get more replies in a Bronco forum lol but umm this is my cousins old bronco it had a 2 inch suspension lift and a 2 inch body lift i believe and it was on 33" Goodyear mt's

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130104_174142.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130104_174142.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 40

Dustless

Whoa! Sorry man didn't see this tell now. I have a drill but its electric so.would need to be plugged in. I have a 50ft extension cord to go with it. All my good tools and everything where stolen

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I'm looking at 2 inch suspension lift kits for my bronco. I have found kits including rear leaf springs, camber and caster shims, single shocks for all 4 corners and front coil springs. Price is $1000.00 through SkyJacker. Does that sound about right? Doesn't say it includes U bolts. Do they come standard with new leaf springs or do my stock U bolts fit fine?

Years ago I had an 1986 Ford Bronco. Black and silver with red interior. I purchased a 3" Superlift with extended radius arms for TTB. Had to relocate arm bracket. Lift also came with coil springs up front and an add-a-leaf with block in back. I had a local spring company make a new spring pack for the rear instead of leaf and block that came with kit. Dual springs in the front. I ran Rancho 5000's with this lift and had the yellow on lift burned off and recoated red. I would recommend this because the coating that comes on some of these lifts do not hold up to the weather. Ran 33x12.50x15 BFG M/T's and 15x10 American Outlaw II's.

Ride was incredible. Now you can get it a little cheaper with a drop bracket for stock arms and with block and add-a-leaf.

Bronco had a 351W with a 3 speed tranny, I believe 4.56 gears. It got a whopping 8 MPG! Funny thing I always looked at getting a Jeep and decided on that Bronco. Back then you could get a 4 banger, soft top, 3.21 gears, stick for around $9000. Of course it was a dog though.

Top Bottom