My 2008 JKU is leaking coolant.

awdel87

I notice two days ago my JKU is leaking coolant. And I poured coolant, right now I notice is half way down and still leaking, I know there are some cars that leak the coolant if you pour the wrong coolant, does anyone knows anything about it?

WJCO

Meme King
I notice two days ago my JKU is leaking coolant. And I poured coolant, right now I notice is half way down and still leaking, I know there are some cars that leak the coolant if you pour the wrong coolant, does anyone knows anything about it?

Rent/buy a pressure tester and find out where the leak is. The only way wrong coolant can leak out is if there is an air bubble because the two coolants don't mix and the system overheats and pushes coolant out the cap. Otherwise, wrong coolant won't leak out. Make sure system is properly bled and pressure test it to find the leak source.

scull20

Take a look under the hood at your upper and lower radiator hoses, the radiator itself and the cap, as well as any fittings, housings, etc. where the coolant flows through. There's a good chance if you've got a leak under the hood somewhere that you're going to see dried up coolant stains or residue, so keep an eye for that as well. If you smell/see coolant inside the cabin then you're probably looking at a leak in the heater core.

Start with those options and see if you find anything.

Brute

Hooked
Also check the recovery tank...I had a crack in mine, it was the source for the coolant leak.

WJCO suggested pressure test of system...this is a good idea.

^ Same here, replaced the rad cap at about 170,000Km no leak since. Good luck to op to finding the source of your leak.

JeepFan

Hooked
I recently notice a small coolant leak around the radiator cap and occasionally the overflow bottle would, well...overflow.

I replaced the radiator cap and all is good now. Hope it's a simple fix on your Jeep.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I recently notice a small coolant leak around the radiator cap and occasionally the overflow bottle would, well...overflow.

I replaced the radiator cap and all is good now. Hope it's a simple fix on your Jeep.

Which cap did you get? I know we talked about it in Moab but I forgot. Just a generic?

Top Bottom