Need help deciding on a lift

Nelson130

I am getting ready to pull the trigger on a lift for my 2014 Jeep JKUR. I have spent a significant amount of time over the past couple of years doing research and have it narrowed down to 4 kits. I am looking for any experience anyone may have with any of these kits to help me in making my final decision, but first I will provide some additional information that may help recommendations.

1. Use: 80& on road 20% off road (primarily light to moderate trails, more overland (camping jeep loaded down etc), little to no rock crawling)

2. 3 to 3.5" lift, plan to run 35" tires with 17" wheels. Between AEV Pintler's and the Quadratec Hardrock wheels (just posted on the web site) both advertise a 5.2" back space

3. Need: Don't have a legitimate need, but I want it and like the stance etc of a 3 - 3.5" lift on a JKU so I'm pretty much set on this lift height/tire size.

4. I understand I will need exhaust spacers or Y pipe delete, plan on getting a drag link flip (may not need but again want based on my research) and that I will most likely need to get after market drive shafts

5. Also want a lift with 8 adjustable control arms and at a minimum an adjustable front track bar

6. Budget (just for the lift): somewhat flexible ceiling of around $4K (prob can't convince the wife to let me get a coilover kit)

-Lifts I am contemplating: (in no particular order)

-Teraflex 3" w 8 Flexarms and adjustable track bar and Fox 2.0 shocks

-Metal Cloak 3.5" Game Changer lite with Fox or OME shocks

-Rock Krawler 3.5" X factor with RRD or Fox shocks

-Synergy JK Stage 3 3" lift with Fox or OME shocks

It seems the more I read the more I talk myself out of one and into another and vice versa. Also I do plan on finding someone with a similar setup and taking a ride before final purchase but appreciate any experiences / advice you all can provide.

Last edited:

Napalm

If your budget is 4k and you are wanting 3 inch lift lift with 35s, an EVO Enforcer is well within your budget. The plush rides will give you a smooth ride for your on road driving and plenty of lift for 35s.

Just something to check out. :)

Dirt Foot

I would go with the enforcer 3" and add the additional control arms if you think you need them. You can always add them later. Put you extra money into shocks. Kings!

Nelson130

Sounds good, I subscribe to the buy once cry once philosophy so I have been saving pennies for a while on this one

Dirt Foot

Definitely stay away from the Teraflex. Their stuff just falls apart. Poor welds. Poor steel quality. Poor quality in general. Can't really say much about the other 3 options. Just know specifically from my brother and I. We both have the Enforcer 3" and rancho 9000. Love the ride and love the flex.

Attachments

• 1462490913140.jpg
    1462490913140.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 245

Nelson130

Dirt Foot thanks for the info and the picture, I will definitely look into the enforcer. Overall how is the ride both on and off road, and are you running a drag link flip and if so how much bump stop are you using?

bouche03

Of the ones you listed Rock Krawler should be at the top of the list. Off the list, add in Evo Enforcer and thats a better playoff between the two...definitely look into Evo...I run the 2.5" RK X-factor and like the lift. The lift has a long suspension travel when you pair with good shocks

Dirt Foot

Dirt Foot thanks for the info and the picture, I will definitely look into the enforcer. Overall how is the ride both on and off road, and are you running a drag link flip and if so how much bump stop are you using?

Absolutely love the ride. I have been in many JKU's and this by far rides the best. I do have the synergy drag link flip and I am running the 3" bump stops that came with the kit. I also have the longer 4" rancho rs9000 models 331/332 which give a little more flex than the 3" versions. You will also need front lower shock relocation brackets due to frame rub at full flex. EVO won't steer you wrong that's for sure .

Nelson130

Awesome thanks for the feedback, a couple more questions, what shock relocation brackets are you using and did you swap out any of the other control arms or are you just running the 2 adjustable that come with the kit and the others stock?

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
I just recently installed the metalcloak 3.5 game changer and love it. I haven't run it long enough to speak to long term. But ride comfort is great (I would say stock or better) has great flex, and performs very well off-road/ rough roads. I am also running 35" tires. I know that a long arm/ coil over would have been better, but I had a budget very similar to you when I pulled the trigger. No regrets so far.

Nelson130

Quicksilver, thanks for the review that is a kit have been interested in for a while glad to hear you are having good results so far

Sheaffadelic

Caught the Bug
After just installing an enforcer kit (even though it's a 4") it's smooth. It is the only kit I would ever recommend to anyone with a jk. Ran it a few days with stock wheels and tires then switching to my current 37s I couldn't tell much of a difference it's that smooth.

White lightning

I just got the rock krawler 3.5" X factor with the RRD shocks and I'm running 35" nittos. Will post pics if you want when I get my jeep back next week

Dirt Foot

Awesome thanks for the feedback, a couple more questions, what shock relocation brackets are you using and did you swap out any of the other control arms or are you just running the 2 adjustable that come with the kit and the others stock?

I'm only using the front lowers currently. The ones in the kit. I chose the evo shock relocation brackets as well. They may even come in the kit now. You will have to check. Here is a pic of the evo brackets.

Attachments

• 1462497448575.jpg
    1462497448575.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 203

Nelson130

White Lightning, pics would be great as well as an initial impressions when you drive it, most of my driving will be on road and my JK is my DD so you assessment of how the RK lift does in that capacity would be very helpful.

Dirt Foot, thanks for the additional info and picture of the bracket. The EVO is getting some great reviews and is definitely a player on my list now.

The responses are great I appreciate the info from everyone

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
I just recently installed the metalcloak 3.5 game changer and love it. I haven't run it long enough to speak to long term. But ride comfort is great (I would say stock or better) has great flex, and performs very well off-road/ rough roads. I am also running 35" tires. I know that a long arm/ coil over would have been better, but I had a budget very similar to you when I pulled the trigger. No regrets so far.

Which shocks did you go with?

Nelson130

The EVO Enforcer has gotten some great reviews thus far and I have been doing some research on it. I am curious if anyone has swapped out the other 6 control arms (kit comes with front lower adjustable control arms) and if so what brand of control arms would you recommend to compliment the kit?

Also I am interested in hearing more from anyone running the Metal Cloak 3.5 Game Changer Lite w OME or Fox shocks and if anyone has any info on the Synergy 3" kit referenced in my original post. I haven't been able to find much info on that one.

Thanks again for all the responses this has been really helpful

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
The EVO Enforcer has gotten some great reviews thus far and I have been doing some research on it. I am curious if anyone has swapped out the other 6 control arms (kit comes with front lower adjustable control arms) and if so what brand of control arms would you recommend to compliment the kit?

Also I am interested in hearing more from anyone running the Metal Cloak 3.5 Game Changer Lite w OME or Fox shocks and if anyone has any info on the Synergy 3" kit referenced in my original post. I haven't been able to find much info on that one.

Thanks again for all the responses this has been really helpful

Being that you have a 4 door you don't need to touch any of the other arms. The only arms you would need to change is the rear uppers and that's IF you get an aftermarket DS.

As for what arms to get I would look at anything that uses Johnny Joints so Evo, Currie, synergy, etc

Top Bottom