Discount Tire Pricing

JoeB-JKURX

I had posted some of this under Wheels and Tires but got not much response. Thought I'd try it here.

I generally purchase tires at Discount. Spent $3400 for tires and wheels last July. Will most likely purchase next set of tires from Discount as well. With opinions expressed on the Waylife forum, I'm leaning towards the Nitto Trail Grapplers and intend to move up from 35s to 37s. I priced the 37" Nittos in Albuquerque on the Discount web site at $412 each. Because some of the tires I was researching (specifically the BFG KM2s like I currently run) are currently not available in 37s at the Albuquerque stores (per the web site), I looked at anther area (specifically LA metro) and was surprised to see that the identical Nitto tire 37X12.50-17 was selling for $338. I don't know if this is an "official" corporate position but I just got off a live chat with a person at Discount Tire Direct and was told that if I develop a "shopping cart" on a website for one store (e.g., LA Metro - or another with perhaps an even lower price) or Discount Tires Direct and take it into my local store, the local store will "happily" match the price of the other store - or Direct. This would yield a savings of $370 (versus Albuquerque - smaller for Direct) for 5 tires. Any substantiation or clarification from Discount would be appreciated. Thanks

Discount Tire

I had posted some of this under Wheels and Tires but got not much response. Thought I'd try it here.

I generally purchase tires at Discount. Spent $3400 for tires and wheels last July. Will most likely purchase next set of tires from Discount as well. With opinions expressed on the Waylife forum, I'm leaning towards the Nitto Trail Grapplers and intend to move up from 35s to 37s. I priced the 37" Nittos in Albuquerque on the Discount web site at $412 each. Because some of the tires I was researching (specifically the BFG KM2s like I currently run) are currently not available in 37s at the Albuquerque stores (per the web site), I looked at anther area (specifically LA metro) and was surprised to see that the identical Nitto tire 37X12.50-17 was selling for $338. I don't know if this is an "official" corporate position but I just got off a live chat with a person at Discount Tire Direct and was told that if I develop a "shopping cart" on a website for one store (e.g., LA Metro - or another with perhaps an even lower price) or Discount Tires Direct and take it into my local store, the local store will "happily" match the price of the other store - or Direct. This would yield a savings of $370 (versus Albuquerque - smaller for Direct) for 5 tires. Any substantiation or clarification from Discount would be appreciated. Thanks

We appreciate your continued support of Discount Tire, JoeB! You raise a great question; I'll do my best to clear up any confusion.

Pricing can vary from region to region and by that I mean from state to state which also includes our mail order division. Different cost of living, overhead, transporting costs, etc. all factor into tire pricing, just like it does when purchasing groceries from the supermarket. There is no price match guarantees for pricing that varies between states but if you bring this to the store manager when purchasing I'm sure he'll do the best he can for you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom