Eddie, Are you using wheel spacers on Mobby?

Coop

Caught the Bug
Eddie, Are you using wheel spacers on Moby?

Probably misspelled everything, and if you've noted this on a previous thread, sorry! The videos seem to have your wheels and tires way out. If this is due to the pr 60 and 80, ok. But if you are pushing these out for the articulation what size are you using? Also whose do you use and what do you torque these mamas at?

Last edited:

Napalm

Probably misspelled everything, and if you've noted this on a previous thread, sorry! The videos seem to have your wheels and tires way out. If this is due to the pr 60 and 80, ok. But if you are pushing these out for the articulation what size are you using? Also whose do you use and what do you torque these mamas at?

I don't believe Moby is running spacers, It just has a full width set of Pro-Rock 60/80s.

When i used spacers, i torqued them to 95.

Napalm

Who did you use?

What brand? I went with an off brand eBay store who I will not openly name/bash. But i did have a failure after about 1500 miles with my where three of my five lugs sheered completely off the spacer going down the road at 40mph.

Take it from someone who learned the hard way, go with SpyderTrax and don't look back.

Coop

Caught the Bug
What brand? I went with an off brand eBay store who I will not openly name/bash. But i did have a failure after about 1500 miles with my where three of my five lugs sheered completely off the spacer going down the road at 40mph.

Take it from someone who learned the hard way, go with SpyderTrax and don't look back.

Thanks Napalm!

MOOK

Full width axles can be anywhere from 68in to 72in wide, maybe wider. Varies on many different full width axles. Dynatrac can custom make any width you like

Wethy

I can't remember for sure but when Eddie was still running his factory rear 44 he mentioned in a video(pretty sure it was the dusy ershim one)it was something like 88" but then I'm pretty sure he was was also running 14.5" or 15.5" wide ToyoMTs then too and Im not sure if that included the tires or not

USMMA11NC

Caught the Bug
I can't remember for sure but when Eddie was still running his factory rear 44 he mentioned in a video(pretty sure it was the dusy ershim one)it was something like 88" but then I'm pretty sure he was was also running 14.5" or 15.5" wide ToyoMTs then too and Im not sure if that included the tires or not

Rubicat (if I remember correctly) uses spacers/Adaptors on the front to match the axle width for the rear (and for the lug pattern).

MOOK

Gotcha! Anybody know how much extra width the smart folks are running?

If your running 40s, go between 70-72in wide. There are many factors other than axle width that will determine how much you will rub though..

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
Rubicat (if I remember correctly) uses spacers/Adaptors on the front to match the axle width for the rear (and for the lug pattern).

I believe that is correct. I am going to be running a PR44 front and a XD60 rear. I was advised by ORE that I have to add spacers, which from the looks of my estimate/build sheet, is a 1/2 inch each side. This is due to the XD60 being a full-float axle and a different bolt pattern (5 on 5 (stock) versus 5.5 on 5 (full-float)).

I look forward to Eddie's response to confirm.

SilverBack

Gotcha! Anybody know how much extra width the smart folks are running?

Two things.1- use a good set from reputable manufacturers not eBay or autozone specials. I use spidertrax and have 0 problems in 20k miles. Followed to installation instructions to the letter and recheck the torque (95lb/f) with the torque wrench set at 92lb/f every tire rotation / 3000 miles.
2- make sure the narrowest spacer you use completely extends past your wheel lugs and is mated flush to the rotor hub surface.

Note I would also use only a hubcentric spacer that is fastened to the hub via the original lugs and provides new spacer mounted lugs for the wheel to attach to.

Coop

Caught the Bug
Thanks all. Will take your advice! Ordered spider trax 1.5 spacers and will see if these give the clearance I need. Headed to Windrock and trail 39!

Top Bottom