Regearing and tires

2013jkusport

Hey guys I have a 2013 jku sport and was just curious if I could run 35's without Having to regear?? [emoji782][emoji782][emoji780][emoji780]

Davidraider

What gears do you have? I'm running 35's with 3:73 gears with no issues. I did have to buy a programmer though.

2013jkusport

I have 3:73 gearing as well but I was getting mixed replies on regearing with tire sizes, almost to the point where I was considering buying a front Dana 44 and gearing to 5:13 so I wouldn't have to worry about it in the future

sipafz

Caught the Bug
35's / 3.73's will be sluggish, but tolerable (opinions will vary). 5.13's is a bit tall for 35's. Are you planning to go bigger?

WJCO

Meme King
If you're in the hills or mountains a lot, you'll want to re-gear. On the flats you can get by.

2013jkusport

@sipagfz yeah I want to go as big as 37's at some point when I have more money but for now I can afford 35's ya know [emoji17]

martinzusmc

I had 35's on 3.73's (2013 JKU) and it was a lil sluggish to start and driving on the highway up inclines. It was manageable with the 3.6 and auto trans & I drove it like that for 8 months. I saved up my $ and just re-geared to 4.88's with ARB rear locker and 35 spline axles...eventually want to go 37's. I would not go any higher than 4.88's on 35's. The re-gear is worth it.. But if you are going to do it..might as well as add a locker in the rear when you do it. Also, gusset the Dana 30 upfront... Just my 2 cents.

TennJK

I ran 3.21s in my jeep with 35s for the last year-ish. But I'm regearing right now. It's not horrible. But you definitely become more friendly with the skinny pedal and you can almost say bye to 6th gear until you do it

crowrb29

It's doable. You're gonna notice more OffRoad especially since it's a sport. You're gonna have to gas it more to get up and over stuff and you just won't have as much control with 3.73s.

toxicwaste29

I have a 2012, 3.21 gears, 6 speed and 35s. I don't even use 6th anymore and it is sluggish but manageable unless you have hills near you. I'm relatively flat where I'm at but the couple steep hills I've had to start from it sucks big time. I can't wait till I can regear

dunstan74

I have a 2013 6 speed 3.73s and 35s.
I don't find it bad enough to not to run 35s on these gears untill i regear.

Rottenbelly

It's doable but for me I couldn't stand it. Had 5:38's on my 07 with 37's so I know how much it helps.
Just did 35s on my 15 manual with 3:21's and where I live it sucks.
I drive from 2000ft to 11k alot so I ordered the rubicon axles with the 5:13's that trail jeeps had for sale on here.

Top Bottom