Question on running 37's on a 2015 JKU Sahara

Defcon3JKU

I currently have a 2.5" spacer kit on my Jeep with 35's. I want to be able to run 37's with no problems and plan on getting the EVO MFG DOUBLE D PRO in the next year. If I gusset the D30 in the front will it hold up with the suspension travel on 37's? If it won't, what other steps do i need to take to make sure I don't snap an axle. I am putting ARB Air Lockers on in about 3 months and need to know if i need to put my money towards a D44 for the front before I order these lockers.

DSC_0776.jpg

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Put your money towards a front 44. The internals of a D30 do not have the size or strength to withstand 37s for long.

Like Ty said, dont spend any money on the 30 other than gussets. I wouldnt recommend locking it either, even running 35s. Get a 44 under that thing first.

Ddays

Hooked
OP, Are you talking aftermarket D44 or stock D44? There is a difference...

Also be prepared to do more than just throw in a new axle. Running 37's opens up a can of worms you'd best deal with up front. One of the biggest improvements I made besides the drag link flip. Raised track bars, etc, etc, was upgrading to a PSC steering system. It helps tremendously.

Last edited:

Defcon3JKU

Thanks for the advice everyone. I would probably go with aftermarket D44, something like a Dynatrac. I want to make my rig last for a long long time. One of those you never get rid of and maybe drop a V8 in down the road. I more of a save up your money and get quality over getting something to just get you by to your next breakdown. I just want to do it right and I wasn't sure how the D30 would hold up in the long run if I just beefed it up. Looks like I'll be saving for some axles. Probably do a D44 front D60 rear so it will be more dependable.

Grubbicon

If your planning on dropping a big motor in it down the road Id save the money and just do a 60 front and rear. If your going to be wheeling hard a d44 on 37s isnt going to hold a lot of power.

Top Bottom