The flying JK

Atch

I thought I'd share this video knowing you guys would enjoy it. He wound up doing this about 6 different times over 2 different days. He didn't damage anything that we were aware of until the 5th time which he broke both front shocks, lower shock mounts clean off, bent front sway bar links, and appeared he bent his C's. I rode with him for the 6th jump when everything was busted but he was unaware, it was a ROUGH landing to say the least!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4aIC8sDsyE&sns=em

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Why? May I ask what suspension he is running? In my opinion abusing your jeep for something like this is dumb. If you are crawling and slide into a rock then it is what it is but this could totally be avoided. Guess some people have too much money...:crazyeyes::thinking:

Atch

Why? May I ask what suspension he is running? In my opinion abusing your jeep for something like this is dumb. If you are crawling and slide into a rock then it is what it is but this could totally be avoided. Guess some people have too much money...:crazyeyes::thinking:

Frankenstein kit, I think his front shocks were teraflex & rears skyjacker, rest of it is a little of this & a little of that.

Jersey_Devil

Completely agree..... That is just dumb, but if I was rich and money wasn't an option I'd be recreating scenes from smokey and the bandit! Lol

sean.m.adams33

People have fun in different ways. Man wants to smash his jeep a little. His jeep. I wouldn't do it. But I would watch him do it.

Rivertoys

So since the shock mount broke, we can assume he's bottoming out the shocks, and not hitting bump stop? Does that sound correct?

GCM 2

So since the shock mount broke, we can assume he's bottoming out the shocks, and not hitting bump stop? Does that sound correct?

Nope, I am pretty certain he was all into the bump stops with this kind vertical hang time. Going off the description of the suspension, I don't think it matters if the bump stops were there or not, he was going to break something.

Top Bottom