PDA

View Full Version : Any metalheads on WOL?

Pages : [1] 2

Thegreenmachine12
05-09-2016, 02:41 PM
What kind of music do you listen to? Are there any metalheads on here? I grew up on metal/classic rock.

I prefer progressive metal, such as Edguy, Dream Theater, and Opeth. But every once in awhile I swing for something more death metal style, like Job For A Cowboy or Lamb Of God. The first concert I ever attended was Slipknot.

So are there any other metalheads on here? What bands/type of metal are y'all in to? :rock:

WJCO
05-09-2016, 02:56 PM
I'm not a big fan of Slipknot, but I do like metal. I listen to Avenged Sevenfold, Linkin Park, Three Days Grace, etc. That's my preferred style. I like lighter rock too though, like Pearl Jam, Nirvana, etc. I'll pretty much listen to everything except country and really graphic rap music.

Thegreenmachine12
05-09-2016, 03:03 PM
I'm not a big fan of Slipknot, but I do like metal. I listen to Avenged Sevenfold, Linkin Park, Three Days Grace, etc. That's my preferred style. I like lighter rock too though, like Pearl Jam, Nirvana, etc. I'll pretty much listen to everything except country and really graphic rap music.

A7X is great and so is Three Days Grace, I haven't listened to much Linkin Park. Gotta love the classics! Nirvana rocks. :yup:

deadguy
05-09-2016, 03:06 PM
Crowbar, eyehategod, pallbearer, deftones, clutch, pelican, pig destroyer . I can go on and on.

dillard09
05-09-2016, 03:08 PM
I like some Sevendust and Killswitch back when Howard Jones was there. Not a huge fan of Jesse Leach. I'm all over the board with music really. From George Straight to Lil Wayne to Korn and everything in between.

Napalm
05-09-2016, 03:12 PM
I like some Sevendust and Killswitch back when Howard Jones was there. Not a huge fan of Jesse Leach. I'm all over the board with music really. From George Straight to Lil Wayne to Korn and everything in between.

Howard Jones was awesome! Made for the greatest killswitch albums.

Thegreenmachine12
05-09-2016, 03:13 PM

Thats awesome gotta love switching it up! I love going straight from DragonForce right to Alan Jackson then back to A7X then maybe a little AC/DC :rock:

Thegreenmachine12
05-09-2016, 03:14 PM
Crowbar, eyehategod, pallbearer, deftones, clutch, pelican, pig destroyer . I can go on and on.

Dying Fetus, Job For A Cowboy, Children Of Bodom, Decapitated, Cattle Decapitation, etc :rock::rock::rock:

Scrambler
05-09-2016, 03:44 PM
Parkway Drive, As I lay Dying, Maylene and the Sons of Disaster, Hopesfall, and many many more. Back in 2000, I had a guy give me the Underoath Cries of the past CD and that pretty much got me hooked.

deadguy
05-09-2016, 04:03 PM
Dying Fetus, Job For A Cowboy, Children Of Bodom, Decapitated, Cattle Decapitation, etc :rock::rock::rock:

Yeah buddy lol

Thegreenmachine12
05-09-2016, 04:16 PM
Parkway Drive, As I lay Dying, Maylene and the Sons of Disaster, Hopesfall, and many many more. Back in 2000, I had a guy give me the Underoath Cries of the past CD and that pretty much got me hooked.

Gotta love Parkway Drive!!!

Sithwindu
05-09-2016, 04:20 PM
I'm a huge fan of metal and death metal (and Texas country, go figure lol )

Just saw the black dahlia murder for the 100th time in Austin with fallujah and disentomb. Sick show. Wish they would make summer slaughter tour what it used to be :/

dillard09
05-09-2016, 04:25 PM
Howard Jones was awesome! Made for the greatest killswitch albums.

Yes he made Killswitch who they are today. I haven't really listen to his new band, Devil You Know. Might have to give them a shot.

Jiffy05
05-09-2016, 05:18 PM
I am a big metal fan. Some of my favorite bands are Soilwork, Thy Art is Murder, Whitechapel, Primordial, Sarea, Dark Tranquility. I could keep going on all the bands I like.

UncensoredAggression
05-09-2016, 05:51 PM
First concerts were Justice for all and Seasons in the Abyss! Played pro for a few years and did front of house for hundreds of national acts. Damm....i feels the metal demons wanting to surface and pull me under! I'm out!

SoupierPuppy
05-10-2016, 10:59 PM
Don't let the metal elitists get to this thread. There hasn't been any mention of Slayer or Pantera yet!

Romac2223
05-11-2016, 02:26 AM
I'm an old school metal guy, Judas Priest,Black Sabath,Motley Crue, and of course Deo and Ozzy.

Ginz
05-11-2016, 03:01 AM
These days I'm mostly country, but I still love slipknot, skindred, drowning pool, disturbed, LP just to name a few. Used to go to all the zeta fests (old Miami rock station back when we had one) and ozz fests. Huge fan of nirvana and the old Seattle grunge scene. I pretty much listen to almost anything.

BobbyGTX
05-11-2016, 05:08 AM
mostly black/viking metal, darkthrone,mayhem,burzum, enslaved, Tyr, windir. also best band in the world IRON MAIDEN!!!!

Twise
05-11-2016, 05:21 AM

get to the choppa

Twise
05-11-2016, 05:23 AM

Great album

Twise
05-11-2016, 06:03 AM

Yep

dwvninety
05-11-2016, 06:32 AM
Krokus..Celtic Frost..Kreator..

TheFunSmith
05-11-2016, 09:54 AM
I prefer progressive metal, such as Edguy, Dream Theater, and Opeth. But every once in awhile I swing for something more death metal style, like Job For A Cowboy or Lamb Of God. The first concert I ever attended was Slipknot.

So are there any other metalheads on here? What bands/type of metal are y'all in to? :rock:

That's funny, because my first concert ever was also Slipknot. It was their Volume 3 Subliminal Verses tour, where Shadows Fall opened for Lamb of God and Lamb of God opened for **Slipknot**. I am a fan of all 3 bands, too!

In addition to those 3, I also listen to: Avenged Sevenfold, **Chevelle**, Children of Bodom, Cradle of Filth, **Dimmu Borgir**, **Disturbed**, DragonForce, **Ensiferum**, some Fear Factory, **Five Finger Death Punch**, **Kamelot**, Killswitch Engage, Korn, Man-O-War, **Marilyn Manson**, Metallica, **Mudvayne**, Muse, Pantera, **Rammstein**, Rob Zombie, Slayer, Static-X, **System of a Down**, Trivium, Volbeat, and 3 Inches of Blood.

**-----** = an all time favorite, or a group I listen to at least 3+ times per week. Some get played daily.

I also like Drum n' Bass (Pendulum is my favorite there), some alternative rock, folk rock (Dropkick Murphys), some rap, (mostly older rap, I don't get along with most post 2010 rap) and the occasional 60's and 70's old rock...

Rock on my fellow Wayalifers! :drunkbuds: :rock:

Eezybreezy08
05-11-2016, 01:43 PM
August burns red is another band to throw into yalls list that's pretty good

Scrambler
05-11-2016, 02:05 PM
August burns red is another band to throw into yalls list that's pretty good

Yes. Awesome band. Empire is a great song.

Thegreenmachine12
05-11-2016, 02:10 PM
mostly black/viking metal, darkthrone,mayhem,burzum, enslaved, Tyr, windir. also best band in the world IRON MAIDEN!!!!

Finntroll?

Thegreenmachine12
05-11-2016, 02:12 PM
I love Iced Earth, Dream Theater, Amon Amarth, DragonForce, Edguy, Within Tempation, Lamb Of God, Children Of Bodom, Blind Guardian, Symphony X, Slipknot, Rhapsody :rock::rock:

Black Beaver
05-11-2016, 02:29 PM
I love progressive such as Tesseract, Sky Harbor, Avantasia, Edguy, Tool. I'll swing for something death metal like Children of Bodom, or Amon Amarth. And sometimes black metal like Cradle of Filth.

Thegreenmachine12
05-11-2016, 02:38 PM
I love progressive such as Tesseract, Sky Harbor, Avantasia, Edguy, Tool. I'll swing for something death metal like Children of Bodom, or Amon Amarth. And sometimes black metal like Cradle of Filth.

Gotta love Tobias Sammet!!! Edguy :rock: Avantasia :rock:

I also love Opeth and Nightwish

Black Beaver
05-11-2016, 02:58 PM

Gotta love him. He is awesome. Nightwish is really good. I think Endless Forms Most Beautiful is one of my favorite albums. I haven't listened to Opeth. I'll check them out. Kamelot is one of my favorites as well.

Thegreenmachine12
05-11-2016, 03:57 PM
Gotta love him. He is awesome. Nightwish is really good. I think Endless Forms Most Beautiful is one of my favorite albums. I haven't listened to Opeth. I'll check them out. Kamelot is one of my favorites as well.

Oh yes Camelot... great band... gotta think of a few more. DragonHeart, PowerQuest,

Black Beaver
05-11-2016, 05:38 PM
Oh yes Camelot... great band... gotta think of a few more. DragonHeart, PowerQuest,

Rhapsody(of Fire), Amaranthe, Epica, Firewind.

BobbyGTX
05-11-2016, 05:42 PM
Rhapsody(of Fire), Amaranthe, Epica, Firewind.

rhapsody, Epica awesome bands

BobbyGTX
05-11-2016, 05:44 PM
I love Iced Earth, Dream Theater, Amon Amarth, DragonForce, Edguy, Within Tempation, Lamb Of God, Children Of Bodom, Blind Guardian, Symphony X, Slipknot, Rhapsody :rock::rock:

yup saw Symphony X, Dragonforce, in concert.

Thegreenmachine12
05-11-2016, 05:46 PM
yup saw Symphony X, Dragonforce, in concert.

thats a concert that I want to see!!

BobbyGTX
05-11-2016, 05:53 PM
thats a concert that I want to see!!

still have Jason Rullo drumstick, hey threw them got smacked in the head but still caught it lol

jesse3638
05-11-2016, 09:00 PM
A7X is great and so is Three Days Grace, I haven't listened to much Linkin Park. Gotta love the classics! Nirvana rocks. :yup:

Haha! You called Peal Jam and Nirvana classics! I must be getting old.

xxJWPxx
05-11-2016, 09:02 PM
Majority of my catalog is metal. Lots of good bands have already been mentioned.

Rather than picking favorites here's the last few I've listened to from my Spotify playlist:
While She Sleeps, Red Fang, Agalloch, Atreyu, Screaming for Silence, Dream Evil

TheFunSmith
05-12-2016, 03:59 AM

I really like the song "Nemo" by Nightwish when I'm in the mood for metal with beautiful female vocals.

Jeep2010
05-12-2016, 08:57 AM
I see stars, killswitch is w good one, blessthefall, as I lay dying, we came as Romans, sleeping with sirens, consider me dead, bullet for my valentine, in fear and faith, issues, Memphis May Fire, woe is me, and the word alive. Sorry for the repeats but those are bands in into that I can think of at the moment.

Thegreenmachine12
05-12-2016, 01:12 PM
That's funny, because my first concert ever was also Slipknot. It was their Volume 3 Subliminal Verses tour, where Shadows Fall opened for Lamb of God and Lamb of God opened for **Slipknot**. I am a fan of all 3 bands, too!

In addition to those 3, I also listen to: Avenged Sevenfold, **Chevelle**, Children of Bodom, Cradle of Filth, **Dimmu Borgir**, **Disturbed**, DragonForce, **Ensiferum**, some Fear Factory, **Five Finger Death Punch**, **Kamelot**, Killswitch Engage, Korn, Man-O-War, **Marilyn Manson**, Metallica, **Mudvayne**, Muse, Pantera, **Rammstein**, Rob Zombie, Slayer, Static-X, **System of a Down**, Trivium, Volbeat, and 3 Inches of Blood.

**-----** = an all time favorite, or a group I listen to at least 3+ times per week. Some get played daily.

I also like Drum n' Bass (Pendulum is my favorite there), some alternative rock, folk rock (Dropkick Murphys), some rap, (mostly older rap, I don't get along with most post 2010 rap) and the occasional 60's and 70's old rock...

That's awesome! Yeah my first concert was Slipknot and Hatebreed opened for them. It was a fun time haha

Thegreenmachine12
05-12-2016, 01:15 PM
I really like the song "Nemo" by Nightwish when I'm in the mood for metal with beautiful female vocals.

Nemo, 7 Days To The Wolves, Amaranth, élan, Planet Hell,

Those are my favorite Nightwish songs

Nemo is a great song!

BobbyGTX
05-12-2016, 03:38 PM

Nightwish put on a epic show out in Dallas, it was awesome!

Jiffy05
05-13-2016, 01:49 AM
Nightwish put on a epic show out in Dallas, it was awesome!

I have always wanted to see Nightwish. I don't really like the new singer as much since Tarja is gone.

Mr hyde
05-13-2016, 01:57 AM
Slayer megadeath suicidal trivium children of Boden good old metal..... loud as hell...

BobbyGTX
05-13-2016, 02:35 AM
I have always wanted to see Nightwish. I don't really like the new singer as much since Tarja is gone.

I saw them 7yrs ago it was one of the best performance!!!

BobbyGTX
05-13-2016, 02:36 AM
Slayer megadeath suicidal trivium children of Boden good old metal..... loud as hell...

Slayer touring!

Mr hyde
05-13-2016, 02:45 AM
O yes they are have you heard t he new album repentless BobbyGTX

BobbyGTX
05-13-2016, 02:52 AM
O yes they are have you heard t he new album repentless BobbyGTX

yup! was just jamming to it earlier

Mr hyde
05-13-2016, 02:55 AM
I was to always a good session

ESSAYONS12B
05-13-2016, 02:56 AM
Top 5 for me. All that remains, A7X, Breaking Benjamin, FFDP, In this Moment. Have yet to see any of them. Gonna Have to make some time.

RockyJk
05-13-2016, 03:16 AM
Slayer touring!

I didn't know this! Going to have to get tickets when they come to San Bernardino 🤘🏻

BobbyGTX
05-13-2016, 03:17 AM
I didn't know this! Going to have to get tickets when they come to San Bernardino 🤘🏻

yes sr! tickets went on sell yesterday

MTG
05-13-2016, 03:36 AM
I posted this a while back. http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?3631-Map-of-Metal

Link doesn't appear to be working though. :grain: :rock:

Dalton gang
05-13-2016, 03:54 AM
I love that old school stuff, Metallica, pantera, with some pennywize , bad religion and ACDC. The good old days :yep

TheFunSmith
05-13-2016, 10:14 AM
The link works for me! I am surprised at how many of the metal bands that I listen to that I thought were low-key are listed on the map, and how many of you guys have listed them as well. Does anyone know of a source to find out what specific genre a metal band is in? I.E. Volbeat, Chevelle, Avenged Sevenfold, 3 Inches of Blood etc....

Sithwindu
05-13-2016, 01:23 PM

I remember that concert, I met lamb of god back stage when they came to Corpus Christi Texas and got their autographs! Was able to make it out to the stage just in time for joeys killer drum solo. When shadows fall opened the show someone had died in the crowd, I don't remember if it was in the pit or from a heart attack but ambulance drove right up inside the crowd. Didn't know the duder died till after the show :/

TheFunSmith
05-13-2016, 03:24 PM
I remember that concert, I met lamb of god back stage when they came to Corpus Christi Texas and got their autographs! Was able to make it out to the stage just in time for joeys killer drum solo. When shadows fall opened the show someone had died in the crowd, I don't remember if it was in the pit or from a heart attack but ambulance drove right up inside the crowd. Didn't know the duder died till after the show :/

When you say Joey's killer drum solo, do you mean where he was strapped down to the platform that turned to a vertical position and spun around while he absolutely shredded up the set? If so, yeah, that was probably the single most amazing drum solo I have ever witnessed. Since it was my first concert, my mind was blown! Jordison is one skilled drummer. You can tell the difference where he is missing in the new album, Slipknot will never be the same...

xxJWPxx
05-13-2016, 11:34 PM
Good new album from Kvelertak came out today. It's probably even better if you understand Norwegian!

WJCO
05-21-2016, 03:20 AM
Anyone heard of Scars Of Life? I like some of their stuff.

justin04lj
05-23-2016, 12:42 PM
Yes metal and wheeling go so great together. I have been stuck on molotov solution. So fast and so brutal.

Mun50n3d
06-09-2016, 03:39 PM
Old man's got some chops...
:rock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfR5O2PXzfc

Draconianwinter
07-25-2016, 07:59 PM
You like Opeth! Hell we can definitely be friends! Lol

Draconianwinter
07-25-2016, 08:04 PM
Here is a few of my favorites.
Opeth, Otep, Soulfly, Disturbed, Black Sabbath, Testament, Savatage, Type O Negative, Metal Church, and Paradise Lost. Those are a few of my favorites lol

Thegreenmachine12
07-25-2016, 08:45 PM
Heck yeah Opeth rocks!

jolly
07-26-2016, 11:25 AM
I like a lot of bands, but mostly it's just a few songs per band, not all their music in general.

However, In Flames, Devildriver, Machine Head, early Apocalyptica, Eluveitie and Opeth are Bands i regularly listen to and go to concerts.

I was on a festival once where they had a tent with surprise guests. It was mostly newcomer bands in varying quality. But one night at around 2AM we stumbled into that tent and Opeth started playing without anyone knowing they would be there. That was one of the best Opeth concerts i know. I think mostly because of the huge suprise and the 2 in the morning state we were in.

I think i'll listen to The Roundhouse Tapes now.

boardsurfer
07-26-2016, 07:27 PM
If you are looking for something new, check out Becoming Human. Here's a spotify link:
https://open.spotify.com/track/10T0FkOipf6CMR7L5pUkyb

Disclaimer: this is a good friend of mine and being as objective as I can, they fucking rock.

Draconianwinter
09-14-2016, 06:13 PM
If you are looking for something new, check out Becoming Human. Here's a spotify link:
https://open.spotify.com/track/10T0FkOipf6CMR7L5pUkyb

Disclaimer: this is a good friend of mine and being as objective as I can, they fucking rock.

Just checked them out on YouTube. Very nice sound

ProtocolJK
09-14-2016, 06:57 PM
I do like metal and just rock music in general. I don't have a preferred style but I listen to Avenged Sevenfold, Linkin Park, Three Days Grace, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, etc.

At last years Rock Allegiance festival I was introduced to Nothing More and have been really enjoying their music since.

Dopey84
09-14-2016, 07:19 PM
A new group I've started listening to https://youtu.be/dssuQewnyWE

Rb1boxer_3
09-14-2016, 07:24 PM
Hell yea I like all metal. Death metal black metal hard core metal you like metal I got metal. I'm actually going to Texas Mutiny Tour next weekend in Dallas. Bunch of metal bands there.

MO502
09-14-2016, 08:06 PM
[QUOTE=Mun50n3d;718405]Old man's got some chops...
:rock:

A thousand thank you's for that video. That just made my day!!!

dillard09
09-18-2016, 12:11 AM
Not sure it's been said but I have been rocking some Gojira.

Thegreenmachine12
11-18-2016, 03:25 PM
I found a new band recently that I've been listening to called Tyr. They do power/viking style metal. Pretty awesome band.

WJCO
11-18-2016, 03:30 PM
I found a new band recently that I've been listening to called Tyr. They do power/viking style metal. Pretty awesome band.

They sound a little like FFDP. I like it.

I've been hearing this new one by Skillet, Feel Invincible. Pretty catchy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qzw6A2WC5Qo

Thegreenmachine12
11-18-2016, 03:32 PM
They sound a little like FFDP. I like it.

I've been hearing this new one by Skillet, Feel Invincible. Pretty catchy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qzw6A2WC5Qo

Yeah I like Skillet. That new song is pretty catchy, can't tell if they're using a computer generated beat or actual drums though?

Napalm
11-18-2016, 03:40 PM
Yeah I like Skillet. That new song is pretty catchy, can't tell if they're using a computer generated beat or actual drums though?

Great song. If I had to guess, it sounds like a little of both. I've always loved Skillet's use of two vocalists, and thought it was even more cool when I found out the other vocalist was the drummer.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

Thegreenmachine12
11-18-2016, 03:41 PM
Great song. If I had to guess, it sounds like a little of both. I've always loved Skillet's use of two vocalists, and thought it was even more cool when I found out the other vocalist was the drummer.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

I really like the fact that they use violin and other string instruments in their songs. Makes them just that even more epic!

Napalm
11-18-2016, 03:44 PM
I really like the fact that they use violin and other string instruments in their songs. Makes them just that even more epic!

Agreed. When you use those pure string instruments in metal songs, it sounds insane in a great way.

Another band that does this is RED. They are more of a Christian rock/metal/alternative band. Not near as heavy as others mentioned, but they sure do push out some good music.

Keggerbombs
11-18-2016, 03:49 PM
I grew up on 70s and 80s rock/metal, and that's still all I listen to haha..zeppelin to def leppard, Metallica (classic Metallica) to nirvana..haven't explored much new metal..I've been playing in bands since high school, got my degree in music theory and then cut my hair and joined the marine corps haha still play in bands at local bars and whatnot when I get the time

YellowYj517
11-19-2016, 02:16 AM
I mainly listen to the acacia strain, thy art is murder, parkway drive, etc. love me some slayer too. They're classic.

bones37
11-21-2016, 07:03 PM
no mention of Anthrax here?? Megadeth? :rock:

WJCO
02-03-2017, 01:37 AM
Not metal, but this has been stuck in my head for days.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FTQbiNvZqaY

jkris
02-03-2017, 01:43 AM
Not metal, but this has been stuck in my head for days.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FTQbiNvZqaY

Thanks... now it's stuck in my head too...

Rocklobsta
02-03-2017, 01:47 AM
As I Lay Dying is the best metal band ever!!! Prove me wrong....and you can't bring up that one of them went to jail for hiring someone to kill his wife, that's not fair, all good metal bands have something wrong with them.

WJCO
02-03-2017, 01:53 AM
https://youtu.be/Bk7RVw3I8eg

https://youtu.be/HwELajFteTo

desertrunner
02-03-2017, 01:59 AM
Wow surprised to see so many metal heads on here. I went to a ton of little tiny screamo shows back in high school a few bands that would play for only like 100 people at some no name venue a few that ended up making it big was awesome to say I saw them before they hit the radio! But I'm always listening to Octane and Liquid Metal on XM in my truck. My wife doesn't get it haha but I enjoy it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

desertrunner
02-03-2017, 02:00 AM

They did an amazing job covering that song his voice is perfect for their version of it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

Rocklobsta
02-03-2017, 02:02 AM
:thumb: Not bad for a lawyer. If you don't know anything about Draiman, his background is pretty interesting for a metal singer.

WJCO
02-03-2017, 02:04 AM
They did an amazing job covering that song his voice is perfect for their version of it!

Sure did. His voice is so unique. I love their music just because of his voice. Sounds gay, but it's not, lol.

Texas Nick
02-03-2017, 03:42 AM
https://youtu.be/ZrFTR9fucr8
Might not be everyones cup of tea. But ive personally always had a crush on this lead singer. Hell, even to this day lol
I stopped listening to the new records after the lead singer Krysta left the band. But every now and then when i want to jam metal, it never disappoints [emoji41]
This was the second song they had came out with when they started. I still think this has to be their all time best song.
Hope yall enjoy :beer:

RockyJk
02-03-2017, 04:10 AM
As I Lay Dying is the best metal band ever!!! Prove me wrong....and you can't bring up that one of them went to jail for hiring someone to kill his wife, that's not fair, all good metal bands have something wrong with them.

94 Hours is probably my favorite song from them [emoji1605]

ob_tj
02-03-2017, 04:19 AM

I have been a big Disturbed fan for a while. Loved their cover of this song.

Napalm
02-03-2017, 04:48 AM
I have been a big Disturbed fan for a while. Loved their cover of this song.

The Sound of Silence cover is incredible. I don't mean to de-value the original version of this song, but Disturbed's style and the way they did it just fit the lyrics perfectly!

gheller
02-03-2017, 04:50 AM
I was blown away when I first heard LED Zeppelin ll on my friends new stereo he got for his birthday. We were about 13 or 14 I think.
Led Zep, Sabbath, AC/DC, Jeff Beck, jimi Hendrix and most all the classic rock stuff.

Also love Radiohead, Beck, Jack White solo albums and White stripes.
Everything from jazz to country to blues to heavy metal. Can't live without some Johnny Cash

I listen to most all except not crazy about hip hop, rap and much R&B.

Sent from Earth to Space and back...can ya give it a second!? WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

Chris1015
02-03-2017, 06:32 AM
Metallica, motorhead, slayer, killswitch engage, korn, megadeth, iron maiden to name a few

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

notnalc68
02-03-2017, 07:18 AM
Metallica, motorhead, slayer, killswitch engage, korn, megadeth, iron maiden to name a few

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

Lemmy and those cut offs...RIP

Thegreenmachine12
02-03-2017, 07:28 AM
I have been listening to Tobias Sammet's Avantasia, an amazing thriller power metal band!!

Overland_stormtrooper
02-03-2017, 08:08 AM
some classics and a fair amount of newer bands and yet no mention of mushroomhead ....... grew up on things ranging from anthrax to zepplin .. some country mixed in and a fair amount of elvis as my mother loved him .. am into just about all of it other than rap and gospel ..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

Rocklobsta
02-03-2017, 03:14 PM
94 Hours is probably my favorite song from them [emoji1605]

Yep, great song. My favorite would be Forever or the entire Shadows are Security album...

Sent from my SM-G925V using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

Brute
02-04-2017, 02:07 AM
I grew up on 70s and 80s rock/metal, and that's still all I listen to haha..zeppelin to def leppard, Metallica (classic Metallica) to nirvana..haven't explored much new metal..I've been playing in bands since high school, got my degree in music theory and then cut my hair and joined the marine corps haha still play in bands at local bars and whatnot when I get the time

Same here...my 1st concert was Grand Funk Railroad in 1970...it was Zepplin, Pink Floyd, Stones, and Jimi...only "metal" band from that era was Metallica...who I really liked...as I got older, listened to Dire Straits, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, STP, Creed...and blues music, which I now listen to the most...Gary Clark Jr, Joe Bonamassa, Derek Trucks, Warren Haynes...

I'm going to check out some of the bands listed here...

I think I may have to start a blues music thread...

Chris1015
02-04-2017, 05:47 AM
Same here...my 1st concert was Grand Funk Railroad in 1970...it was Zepplin, Pink Floyd, Stones, and Jimi...only "metal" band from that era was Metallica...who I really liked...as I got older, listened to Dire Straits, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, STP, Creed...and blues music, which I now listen to the most...Gary Clark Jr, Joe Bonamassa, Derek Trucks, Warren Haynes...

I'm going to check out some of the bands listed here...

I think I may have to start a blues music thread...

Do it, what blues music do you like?

xman4602
02-04-2017, 02:42 PM
I love me some Tool, Deftones, chevelle, that kind of stuff. I like a bit of everything but these are the bands I always come back too!

“You are the weak, and I am the tyranny of evil men, but I'm trying real hard to be the shepherd”

Thegreenmachine12
02-04-2017, 07:35 PM
I love me some Tool, Deftones, chevelle, that kind of stuff. I like a bit of everything but these are the bands I always come back too!

“You are the weak, and I am the tyranny of evil men, but I'm trying real hard to be the shepherd”

Tool is badass!

ob_tj
02-04-2017, 08:23 PM
Tool is badass!
One of my favorite bands of all time. But in close 2nd is System of a down.

DESH
02-04-2017, 08:27 PM
5 finger death punch, napalm death, masuggah, seplutra, cannibal corpse... King diamond. Metal!

Wowcool
02-04-2017, 09:50 PM
Great thread! I am a big metal head. Metallica, megadeath, and pantera got me into the genre. Now a days As I Lay Dying, All That Remains, Killswitch Engaged, and Disturbed are some of my favorites. Nothing gets me amped up like Metal.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

madstiles
02-04-2017, 10:13 PM
Great thread! I am a big metal head. Metallica, megadeath, and pantera got me into the genre. Now a days As I Lay Dying, All That Remains, Killswitch Engaged, and Disturbed are some of my favorites. Nothing gets me amped up like Metal.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)
Looks like my play list!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

Thegreenmachine12
02-10-2017, 05:28 PM

All badass bands! I have been listening to some similar stuff from August Burns Red and Three Days Grace

Heavyhaul07
02-22-2017, 04:50 AM
Mostly old skool punk and hard core. My get me up and get going is blood for blood.

black pearl
03-11-2017, 10:06 AM
There's got to be some crossover guys that like punk ... tonight I got to run sound for one of my favorite bands total chaos
Definitely one of my top nights of work

WJCO
05-18-2017, 01:14 PM
RIP Chris Cornell. Dude was talented.

scrota76
05-18-2017, 01:27 PM
RIP Chris Cornell. Dude was talented.
https://youtu.be/RHJhEaWX6R0

He was very talented. Im not sure if this link will work, if it doesnt just watch him sing "Nothing Compares To You" written by Prince, and originally performed by Sinead O'Connor. Chris Cornell blows Sinead out of the water with his version.

Say hello to heaven!

Sent from my SM-G935V using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

WJCO
05-18-2017, 01:38 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QU1nvuxaMA

notnalc68
05-18-2017, 02:45 PM
https://youtu.be/sNh-iw7gsuI

Rocksalt
05-18-2017, 04:18 PM
RIP Chris Cornell

catahoula
05-18-2017, 04:27 PM
That blows! Acoustic song Sunflower was awesome!

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

davidc128
05-18-2017, 04:41 PM
https://youtu.be/RHJhEaWX6R0

He was very talented. Im not sure if this link will work, if it doesnt just watch him sing "Nothing Compares To You" written by Prince, and originally performed by Sinead O'Connor. Chris Cornell blows Sinead out of the water with his version.

Say hello to heaven!

Sent from my SM-G935V using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)
Dude thatll give u chills!! That version definitely just made it into my top 10 list!!

Sinnerjk
05-18-2017, 09:04 PM
Lamb of god, mushroomhead,slipknot, in this moment, pantera love them all sang for a metal band for 7 years but retired to old for that shit lol RIP Chris put some damn good vocals out there u will be missed

catahoula
05-19-2017, 03:28 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KO6odc5VJmY

gheller
05-19-2017, 02:37 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KO6odc5VJmY

Great song, he will be missed.

RedPool
05-19-2017, 06:38 PM

Say hello to heaven!

He has done quite a few covers that are outstanding. There are many talented artists are out there but few have such a wide range of abilities. His passing is a big loss to the music industry. So many talented artists are out there but few have such a wide range of abilities.

madstiles
06-05-2017, 06:49 PM
When metal is life even in a antique store! 262084

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

gheller
06-11-2017, 12:09 AM
He has done quite a few covers that are outstanding. There are many talented artists are out there but few have such a wide range of abilities. His passing is a big loss to the music industry. So many talented artists are out there but few have such a wide range of abilities.

Awesome!!

gheller
06-11-2017, 12:10 AM
When metal is life even in a antique store! 262084

Excellent, would love to fine that in an antique shop.

gheller
06-11-2017, 12:11 AM
Pantera, jeff Beck, Ozzie and led Zep of course.

WJCO
07-20-2017, 09:08 PM
Wow. Didn't see this coming.

Linkin Park is my all-time favorite band. They revolutionized music known as 'Rap Metal.' For those of you who know me personally, you know I have flames tattooed on my forearms. All through my younger years, I was not a fan of tattoos, nor did I ever think I would get one. However when I saw Chester sing with his flames, I said to myself, "If I ever get a tattoo, these will be the first ones I get." Low and behold, years later, these indeed were the first tattoos I got. May sound corny, but that's what I did. This is a real disappointment. RIP, Chester. You will be missed.

For those who aren't familiar with them, you've probably heard a TON of their songs. One of there most popular:

https://youtu.be/eVTXPUF4Oz4

MTG
07-20-2017, 09:26 PM

Linkin Park is my all-time favorite band. They revolutionized music known as 'Rap Metal.' For those of you who know me personally, you know I have flames tattooed on my forearms. All through my younger years, I was not a fan of tattoos, nor did I ever think I would get one. However when I saw Chester sing with his flames, I said to myself, "If I ever get a tattoo, these will be the first ones I get." Low and behold, years later, these indeed were the first tattoos I got. May sound corny, but that's what I did. This is a real disappointment. RIP, Chester. You will be missed.

For those who aren't familiar with them, you've probably heard a TON of their songs. One of there most popular:

Oh man! What a bummer. One of my favorites as well.

Mike_JK_Houston_711
07-20-2017, 09:43 PM
Oh shit, I didn't even see this. Linkin Park is one of my favorites too...I saw them 3 times on the Warped Tours. Some of my favorite stuff they did was collaborations with Jay Z and the such. Chester and Chris Cornell back to back. Sad couple months for music...

Mybadjk
07-20-2017, 09:47 PM

Yes! I declare war, whitechapel, buddy's band Molotov solution, and a lot of hardcore bands.

WJCO
07-20-2017, 09:52 PM
Oh shit, I didn't even see this. Linkin Park is one of my favorites too...I saw them 3 times on the Warped Tours. Some of my favorite stuff they did was collaborations with Jay Z and the such. Chester and Chris Cornell back to back. Sad couple months for music...

Today would have been Chris Cornell's birthday. Wonder if the two were related.

Mike_JK_Houston_711
07-20-2017, 10:00 PM

I'm sure there's a correlation between the two. They were really good buddies, performed together, and CC's death hit Chester really hard. I'm sure there was other factors in play, but hard to overlook the two. That's crazy, I didn't realize it was Cornell's birthday today. Crazy stuff.

Napalm
07-20-2017, 10:11 PM

Man.. wow. This is the first I'm hearing of this!!! Linkin Park was one of my favorite bands growing up and one of the main reasons I got into rock and metal.

I used to watch the Live in Texas DVD over and over again. My personal favorites were Hybrid Theory and Meteora.

RIP Chester Bennington.

Napalm
07-20-2017, 10:13 PM
I'm sure there's a correlation between the two. They were really good buddies, performed together, and CC's death hit Chester really hard. I'm sure there was other factors in play, but hard to overlook the two. That's crazy, I didn't realize it was Cornell's birthday today. Crazy stuff.

I just caught up on the news and saw he took his own life. Just awful man.

Mike_JK_Houston_711
07-20-2017, 10:35 PM
I just caught up on the news and saw he took his own life. Just awful man.

It's really sad when you think about these things. We can never understand what it's like to have clinical depression which leads to drug abuse like a lot of what happens with these artists. Sometimes they try as hard as they can with help from family and friends to get clean and turn things around; and actually succeed like Chris Cornell and Chester did. Then one relapse, and that artist believes that the struggle to get clean again just isn't worth the trouble it took them the first time. That's what I really believe happened with Chris Cornell...and maybe had some play with Chester too. Really sad stuff man.

RCVRY
07-20-2017, 11:35 PM
It's really sad when you think about these things. We can never understand what it's like to have clinical depression which leads to drug abuse like a lot of what happens with these artists. Sometimes they try as hard as they can with help from family and friends to get clean and turn things around; and actually succeed like Chris Cornell and Chester did. Then one relapse, and that artist believes that the struggle to get clean again just isn't worth the trouble it took them the first time. That's what I really believe happened with Chris Cornell...and maybe had some play with Chester too. Really sad stuff man.
You're absolutely right, and it happens everyday. I've seen a close friend, two family members, and a few acquaintances fall to mental health and substance abuse in the same manner.
Keeping those who've passed and those still suffering in my prayers.

Sent from my SM-G930T using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

ob_tj
07-20-2017, 11:41 PM

From my understanding the two were good friends. Sucks to hear. Linkin park was one of my favorites in high school.

Chris1015
07-21-2017, 12:05 AM
I used to work security over summer at an amphitheatre in Illinois and the night. I got to work right next to center stage for an L.P. show one night, it was great. Their music always made it on playlists for batting practice in college too. Sad to hear this.

cozdude
07-21-2017, 12:28 AM

I am totally heartbroken. Been to see them many times and they are hands down one of my favorite bands of all time.

benatc1
07-21-2017, 12:38 AM
Dang what a bummer. Love their music. Think they were set to come up my way pretty soon too

OverlanderJK
07-21-2017, 12:57 AM
I can't stand linkin park.

Zstairlessone
07-21-2017, 01:08 AM

Sadly I'm pretty sure it was

OverlanderJK
07-21-2017, 01:12 AM
It's awesome that he took his own life and left his six kids without a father. Stellar

Mike_JK_Houston_711
07-21-2017, 01:24 AM
It's awesome that he took his own life and left his six kids without a father. Stellar

It's a sickness man. Humble up.

HighwayTrout
07-21-2017, 02:24 AM
I can't stand linkin park.

lol
Never liked them either.

This is a bummer.

It's a sickness man. Humble up.

Yep.

However.....

***Begin quote***
"Bennington said that at one point he was smoking crack and using crystal meth, explaining: "I was on 11 hits of acid a day. I dropped so much acid I'm surprised I can still speak! I'd smoke a bunch of crack, do a bit of meth and just sit there and freak out. Then I'd smoke opium to come down."

Mike_JK_Houston_711
07-21-2017, 02:44 AM
Yep.

However.....

***Begin quote***
"Bennington said that at one point he was smoking crack and using crystal meth, explaining: "I was on 11 hits of acid a day. I dropped so much acid I'm surprised I can still speak! I'd smoke a bunch of crack, do a bit of meth and just sit there and freak out. Then I'd smoke opium to come down."

Yea I get where you're coming from. But that was like in 2006 or something, and suffering from depression at the same time. He had since then cleaned up and got mentally healthier. Then for whatever reason, this happened. My point was sometimes you can do whatever it takes to get over the hump, and then have a really bad day that sets you back.

WJCO
09-07-2017, 06:51 PM
My 5 year old was just playing some game that he made up and kept saying 'thunder' over and over. Then he asked me to play the 'thunder' song. I had no idea what he was talking about. We finally figured it out. I have no recollection of every listening to this song recently but apparently he did, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2AC41dglnM

BobNH
09-07-2017, 08:40 PM
My 5 year old was just playing some game that he made up and kept saying 'thunder' over and over. Then he asked me to play the 'thunder' song. I had no idea what he was talking about. We finally figured it out. I have no recollection of every listening to this song recently but apparently he did, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2AC41dglnM[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

JK-JOHN-E
09-08-2017, 02:37 AM
Surprised no one mentioned Machine Headhttps://youtu.be/-JdOts7SUmQ

JK-JOHN-E
09-08-2017, 02:38 AM
https://youtu.be/-JdOts7SUmQ

Thegreenmachine12
09-08-2017, 03:12 PM
Ugh i've been hitting the feels with the ballads recently...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8eAMKoZMR0

bill.turner
09-08-2017, 08:23 PM

There is a group called 2cellos that did a cover of this. If you get a chance look it up on YouTube. It is good listening.

black pearl
09-08-2017, 08:25 PM
There is a group called 2cellos that did a cover of this. If you get a chance look it up on YouTube. It is good listening.

That is a good cover! Or the bad bagpiper dose a good one as well

bill.turner
09-08-2017, 09:12 PM
Nice!!

bill.turner
09-08-2017, 09:19 PM
OK, I just watched his video. That is awesome.

black pearl
09-08-2017, 09:25 PM
OK, I just watched his video. That is awesome.

I'd imagine it's hard to make bagpipes look cool, but he dose a great job at it![emoji23] I think the fire helps.

bill.turner
09-08-2017, 10:08 PM
Fire helps everything

WJCO
09-09-2017, 01:01 AM

That was awesome.

AlStew
09-09-2017, 07:24 AM
Reading some of the earlier posts in this thread brought me back! One of my first concerts was shadows fall and lamb of god show. Totally forgot about it!.... I remember getting obsessed with Dimmu Borgir and At The Gates. I should listen to some of their albums again.

Norsfyr
09-09-2017, 10:23 AM
Wacken! \m/ ;-)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

black pearl
12-24-2017, 05:06 PM
Happy Christmas!
https://youtu.be/grwP8QvI1jY

DESH
12-24-2017, 05:36 PM
Chris Cornell:: https://youtu.be/KO6odc5VJmY

Thegreenmachine12
04-20-2018, 06:53 PM
Let’s resurrect this thread!

gonow
04-20-2018, 07:25 PM
Testament....still underrated still put on great show

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

Brute
04-20-2018, 07:49 PM
I still think Sandman is one of the top 5 rock songs of all time...

TrailHunter
04-20-2018, 08:31 PM
I still think Sandman is one of the top 5 rock songs of all time...

This one...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CX45pYvxDiA

Or this one?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CD-E-LDc384

Lol... [emoji51] [emoji1605]

Jmromero
04-20-2018, 09:29 PM
Going to see Priest Sunday in LA![emoji1598]

HighwayTrout
04-20-2018, 10:08 PM
This one...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CX45pYvxDiA

Or this one?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CD-E-LDc384

Lol... [emoji51] [emoji1605]

Neither.

Talkin bout the one and only Chet Atkins.
https://youtu.be/n-c66SJPuUI

TrailHunter
04-20-2018, 10:40 PM
Neither.

Oh Right.... Chet is Shreddin!

Brute
04-20-2018, 11:10 PM
Neither.

Oh Right.... Chet is Shreddin!

I'm a huge Chet fan...I only wish he did the Metallica version too...

jesse3638
04-21-2018, 12:10 AM
I know it's been posted on here before but what about this version?

https://youtu.be/7R2ERDANb8E

12-mile
04-21-2018, 12:22 AM
This thread is giving me flashbacks to when i saw Priest on the Painkiller tour and Testament and Megadeth opened up.
Amazing show

Brute
04-21-2018, 12:42 AM

That was pretty damn cool...

jesse3638
04-21-2018, 12:51 AM
That was pretty damn cool...
And to think learning to play all the instruments, recording and layering it all together to play it forwards wasn't hard enough...haha.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

MSJKU11
04-21-2018, 02:33 AM

https://youtu.be/7R2ERDANb8EHad a "German" feel to it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

black pearl
04-21-2018, 02:51 AM

Just watched this about this one https://youtu.be/ECMmwNjoUcY

QuicksilverJK
04-21-2018, 03:15 AM
Am I the only one who reads MethHeads every time this thread shows up???? [emoji848]299708

jesse3638
04-21-2018, 03:23 AM
Am I the only one who reads MethHeads every time this thread shows up???? [emoji848]299708

Google "Faces of Meth". It's crazy in the short time of chronic use what that stuff will do to a person.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

QuicksilverJK
04-21-2018, 04:44 AM
Yeah it's pretty amazing what that shit can do. I read a story recently about a girl that pulled both her eyeballs out of her head. She blamed it on "bad meth" lol

jesse3638
04-21-2018, 06:04 AM
Yeah it's pretty amazing what that shit can do. I read a story recently about a girl that pulled both her eyeballs out of her head. She blamed it on "bad meth" lol

Yeah she did an interview with Cosmo and they read the article on the Jason Ellis show. It was very descriptive made me cringe so bad.

PatyWagon
04-21-2018, 09:08 AM
I'm an old school metal guy, Judas Priest,Black Sabath,Motley Crue, and of course Deo and Ozzy.I'm old school also, back then called head banger ~~ Scorpions, AC/DC, Judas Priest, Motley Crue, Ozzy, Iron Maiden, and later Metallica. (sprinkle in some rockandroll from that Ole little band from Texas, ZZ Top)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Sunset83
04-23-2018, 12:52 AM
I'm old school also, back then called head banger ~~ Scorpions, AC/DC, Judas Priest, Motley Crue, Ozzy, Iron Maiden, and later Metallica. (sprinkle in some rockandroll from that Ole little band from Texas, ZZ Top)

I am with you, going to see ozzy once last time in September.

sunset83

fiend
04-23-2018, 03:30 AM

That dude has a lot of spare time.

fiend
04-23-2018, 03:31 AM
How about this one.

https://youtu.be/e4Ao-iNPPUc

black pearl
04-23-2018, 03:45 AM
How about this one.

That's funny this one is posted. When my wife was in labor/ long wait for our daughter to be born. I was listening to this in the room and this one and his banjo one was played the most. https://youtu.be/VznAYy5yL2A

Brute
04-23-2018, 04:15 AM
How about this one.

That was great...made me want to squeal like a pig...

PatyWagon
04-23-2018, 09:30 AM
https://youtu.be/AcGHznR64NM

Here's an Enter the Sandman that's a little different also. But I like it!

jesse3638
04-23-2018, 02:58 PM
How about this one.

I've seen that one before too. They have a lot of covers on their channel. It's pretty cool.

TrailHunter
04-25-2018, 01:46 PM

Draconianwinter
04-25-2018, 03:46 PM
Here's a damn good metal band raven black. https://youtu.be/hgKzDY8Jha4

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

SJCJK
04-28-2018, 05:51 PM

This bus designer is a total Motley Crue fan!!

Well, or a satanist, but let’s hope the former.

fiend
05-13-2018, 10:44 PM
Anybody rocking to Firepower? Some good songs. Judas Priest sustains ...

Battle Born JK
05-13-2018, 10:55 PM
I like Shinedown they are awsome

WJCO
06-07-2018, 01:38 AM
The ending section of the song is a little chaotic to me, but other than that, I found this quite entertaining:

https://youtu.be/MH9FyLsfDzw

TrailHunter
06-07-2018, 02:15 AM
The ending section of the song is a little chaotic to me, but other than that, I found this quite entertaining:

Great Song..... Cool Cover! :rock:

JK-JOHN-E
06-07-2018, 02:47 AM
Much better than the original, imo

JK-JOHN-E
06-07-2018, 02:49 AM
https://youtu.be/NcJGTimnR6E

These guys crush it

fiend
06-07-2018, 04:28 AM

https://youtu.be/MH9FyLsfDzw

Oh man. I actually saw Toto a few years ago. Terrible. Thankfully, Joe Walsh was the headliner, which made the whole experience tolerable.

BobNH
06-07-2018, 08:32 PM
Oh man. I actually saw Toto a few years ago. Terrible. Thankfully, Joe Walsh was the headliner, which made the whole experience tolerable.I felt the same way back in 94 when I saw The Eagles on their "Hell Freezes Over" tour. Joe Walsh did same of his solo and James Gang stuff with the Eagles and it blew them away. Fans were mellow up to his set, but went pretty crazy over Joe.

fiend
06-07-2018, 09:23 PM
I felt the same way back in 94 when I saw The Eagles on their "Hell Freezes Over" tour. Joe Walsh did same of his solo and James Gang stuff with the Eagles and it blew them away. Fans were mellow up to his set, but went pretty crazy over Joe.

I could see that. The Eagles tend toward the soft rock / ballad stuff. It was really Walsh that made their best songs rock.

BobNH
06-07-2018, 10:34 PM
I could see that. The Eagles tend toward the soft rock / ballad stuff. It was really Walsh that made their best songs rock.Yes he did [emoji106]

TrainWreck618
06-08-2018, 02:20 AM
BTBAM!
https://youtu.be/zowGcw2NO1g

WJCO
08-23-2018, 02:14 AM
I found this entertaining. Godsmack.

https://youtu.be/6AY19BPipyo

TrailHunter
08-23-2018, 02:21 AM
I found this entertaining. Godsmack.

Their new album is awesome.

WJCO
10-20-2018, 04:41 AM
Newer one by Disturbed.

https://youtu.be/eQji1bEXwc0

Jkzinger
10-20-2018, 02:04 PM
Newer one by Disturbed.

Their tour dates were just announced! Gonna be awesome!

black pearl
10-20-2018, 04:56 PM
Newer one by Disturbed.

They are broadcasting a live show from Thursday on satellite radio.

Brute
10-20-2018, 07:33 PM
Newer one by Disturbed.

Very relaxing...

WJCO
10-20-2018, 11:38 PM
Very relaxing...

Lol. Goes well with a candlelight dinner and some fine wine.

WJCO
10-21-2018, 01:51 AM
Their tour dates were just announced! Gonna be awesome!

They are broadcasting a live show from Thursday on satellite radio.

I just listened to all of the songs on their new album. Some crazy powerful lyrics. Seems like they're going in a different direction, but I like it.

'In Another Time' was awesome:

https://youtu.be/TTCjPQ6UKlU

TrainWreck618
12-21-2018, 01:43 AM
Between the Buried and Me
Extremophile Elite from their live studio album
https://youtu.be/dM8WjgRA6o8

Lurker
01-30-2019, 12:35 PM
I just listened to all of the songs on their new album. Some crazy powerful lyrics. Seems like they're going in a different direction, but I like it.

'In Another Time' was awesome:

https://youtu.be/TTCjPQ6UKlU

Oh yeaaah :rock: Been metalhead for years, constantly looking for something heavier and bizzare

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NY7a9kMvPY

2007 JKU CANADA
02-04-2019, 06:04 PM
I just bought my tickets to see GODSMACK and VOLBEAT may 9 in London . long wait but sooo excited, Volbeat has got to be my favorite band right now :rock:

MericaMade
02-05-2019, 03:29 AM
Metal was lost once Dimebag and Vinny passed.

Jkzinger
02-05-2019, 11:44 AM
Metal was lost once Dimebag and Vinny passed.

Not a chance....

Scrambler
02-05-2019, 12:04 PM
^^^Agreed. There are too many good bands out now.

TrailHunter
02-05-2019, 05:24 PM
One of my all time favorite songs...

dillard09
02-08-2019, 10:32 AM
Good way to start the morning off.

JKU RIPP Supercharged
02-08-2019, 01:36 PM
The band that started it all!!
Motörhead for life! Seen these guys like 6 times. I’ve seen so many metal concerts I have a permanent ringing in my ears. Lmao
https://youtu.be/EDB0dUWZUK8

JKU RIPP Supercharged
02-08-2019, 01:38 PM
The band that started it all!!
Motörhead for life! Seen these guys like 6 times. I’ve seen so many metal concerts I have a permanent ringing in my ears. Lmao
https://youtu.be/EDB0dUWZUK8

Jaybird 11
03-26-2019, 01:43 AM
Any one watch the dirt yet?

Sent from my SM-G920V using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

TheFunSmith
03-31-2019, 07:51 AM
Yeah, I just saw it for the first time a few nights ago. It’s entertaining and interesting for sure, but there is MAJOR embellishment and downright falsehoods scattered throughout. If you’re into metal music and party movies, you’ll probably dig it. :rock:

fiend
03-31-2019, 01:49 PM

Nice. Saw Mikkey Dee last summer with the Scorpions. Crazy drummer.

fiend
03-31-2019, 01:53 PM

Sent from my SM-G920V using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

I watched it. Wasn’t high art, but it was entertaining. Not a huge Motley Crue fan, so didn’t really know the band history and dynamics. Such as that Nikki Sixx wrote most or all of the songs.

RCVRY
03-31-2019, 01:57 PM

When I’m done binging on OA I’ll check it out. Of course, being the first week of April there’s going to be a lot of really good hockey on.

Jaybird 11
03-31-2019, 11:31 PM
Id watch the hockey first lol

RCVRY
04-01-2019, 12:08 AM
Id watch the hockey first lol

Yeah I just got to a really gay scene and not liking it. Why does Hollywood put homosexuals in everything now? To each their own but wtf?

12-mile
04-01-2019, 01:04 AM
The Dirt, Just read the book. Its far better than the movie

74CJ5
04-01-2019, 02:40 AM
The Dirt was ok but not great. The guy who played Mick Mars was great, lol. I’m headed to a 3 day fest in Jacksonville in May. Over 50 bands, including Tool, Rob Zombie, Korn, Judas Priest, Black Label Society, Tom Morello, and on and on...

JKU RIPP Supercharged
04-03-2019, 12:24 AM
Nice. Saw Mikkey Dee last summer with the Scorpions. Crazy drummer.

It is awesome that he is playing with the Scorpions![emoji41]

WJCO
05-24-2019, 03:13 AM

Time for a bump:
https://youtu.be/sKZTdkvr4qo

Wow,The quote I just replied to is almost 2 years old. Time fucking flies.....

TrailHunter
05-24-2019, 05:49 AM
Time for a bump:
https://youtu.be/sKZTdkvr4qo

Wow,The quote I just replied to is almost 2 years old. Time fucking flies.....

Lol... that’s good shit.

WJCO
06-07-2019, 09:27 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAAqKVEMVN0

TrailHunter
06-07-2019, 09:33 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAAqKVEMVN0

Awesome!!!

Jellymon
06-07-2019, 10:08 PM
headbanging puppets! Lol

Jkzinger
06-08-2019, 03:54 AM
Been jamming some Parkway Drive lately. The Void and Vice Grip are awesome!

Scrambler
06-08-2019, 04:02 AM
Been jamming some Parkview Drive lately. The Void and Vice Grip are awesome!

Don’t know who parkview drive is, but parkway drive is awesome. If we are referring to the same band, check out their “Killing with a smile” album. It’s one of their older ones, but you won’t be disappointed.

Jkzinger
06-11-2019, 12:31 PM
Don’t know who parkview drive is, but parkway drive is awesome. If we are referring to the same band, check out their “Killing with a smile” album. It’s one of their older ones, but you won’t be disappointed.

Hehe! Thanks! Fixed it!

BoldAdventure
06-14-2019, 04:07 PM
Any Manowar or Sabaton fans?

Scrambler
06-14-2019, 04:22 PM
Any Manowar or Sabaton fans?

Not a huge fan. I can appreciate the music.

fiend
06-28-2019, 06:31 AM
Some classic tunes ... 329794329795329796329797

WJCO
06-28-2019, 09:33 PM
I really like listening to this guy. Very talented. His latest:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLwwRVjEDGU

TrailHunter
06-28-2019, 09:43 PM

#metoo....

longarmwj
06-28-2019, 09:49 PM

If you like him you’d probably like this guy

https://youtu.be/iHtggmLURmU

https://youtu.be/Xe2C758enXA

https://youtu.be/oQ4Ydi-AJbg

Jkzinger
06-29-2019, 02:01 AM

He is good. Sultan of Swing remake is awesome.

Zstairlessone
06-30-2019, 01:40 AM
He does a pretty cool acoustic version of Play that Funky Music too

74CJ5
06-30-2019, 12:45 PM

That was awesome! Thanks for sharing. \m/

jesse3638
08-05-2019, 04:19 AM
Watching America's Got Talent tonight with my wife this young guitarist performed and it was awesome. This led me into the YouTube rabbit hole and I stumbled across this as well as a lot of other songs he played. I thought it was really cool so I figured I'd share this great rendition of Metallica's Master of Puppets.

https://youtu.be/_1XQKK-eCLM

TheGrendel
08-05-2019, 12:52 PM
wife and daughter were at the in laws this weekend. so, i actually got to use my media room saturday night. it was Pantera night. :rock: