Soft Clutch Pedal

Tumbleweed12

Hey Everyone,

First I apologize if I posted in the wrong forum section. I'm still pretty new to the site.

I'm pretty new to manual transmissions so bear with me. I woke up this morning and my clutch pedal was super easy to push about half way down. After half way, there was tension. I looked underneath my jeep and a saw a little bit of fluid underneath on the transmission (where the transmission mates to engine). I know its not transmission fluid. I think it could be the clutch master cylinder but not too sure. I hope this makes sense.

Any ideas whats going on?

Thanks

WJCO

Meme King
Hey Everyone,

First I apologize if I posted in the wrong forum section. I'm still pretty new to the site.

I'm pretty new to manual transmissions so bear with me. I woke up this morning and my clutch pedal was super easy to push about half way down. After half way, there was tension. I looked underneath my jeep and a saw a little bit of fluid underneath on the transmission (where the transmission mates to engine). I know its not transmission fluid. I think it could be the clutch master cylinder but not too sure. I hope this makes sense.

Any ideas whats going on?

Thanks

Sounds like your slave cylinder went out. Fairly common on those.

Mikelang

I had the same issue with my clutch feeling spongy but there were no leaks. I replaced the master and slave cylinder. Helped a little but still doesn't fell right to this day. Any thoughts? Is there a chance that I need to bleed it? If so, what is the proper way to do so. Thanks in advance for any help.

Mikelang

Is there a certain procedure when bleeding the clutch or should I just bleed it like I would the breaks? It's a Spec 2+ clutch. Which I've heard have a softer pedal but this seems like it's not right.

Top Bottom