Help!!!

Mikecal9985

Ok so my fiancé sent me this picture this morning showing her dash lit up like a xmas tree!!! Any thoughts on what it could be? We recently put new tires on, went from the Sahara stock tires to 275/70r18 using the stock wheels.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1462907876.654691.jpg

Mikecal9985

I'm waiting for it to be delivered...you think that would fix the problem...we've had the tires on for almost a month now and the lights just came on this morning

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I'm waiting for it to be delivered...you think that would fix the problem...we've had the tires on for almost a month now and the lights just came on this morning

That's weird that it took a month. If it is a 2011 like your profile says it has the newer computer and it gets put into limp mode if you do not reprogram the computer for larger tires.

Is it lifted? Steering wheel straight?

jeeeep

Hooked
If the tires are not that much larger than stock then it would probably do nothing until you hit a bump or hit a fast turn and then it would trigger the system hence all the lights. Your programmer should clear that up once you get the correct tire size in.
In the meantime you can try disconnect the positive cable and touch it to the negative cable to clear out the codes and reset the system to relearn, it may buy you a little more time.
follow this:
1. Disconnect the battery by removing the positive battery cable
2. Ground the positive cable to the negative cable for 30 seconds to erase the electric charge in the capacitors
3. Reconnect the positive cable to the battery
4. Turn the key to on but do not start
5. Turn the headlights on
6. Turn the headlights off
7. Turn the key off
The ECU has now been reset to its factory settings. for the next 50 warm up periods the ECU will relearn the engine and driving habits for your driving conditions and the newly installed parts

Mikecal9985

That's weird that it took a month. If it is a 2011 like your profile says it has the newer computer and it gets put into limp mode if you do not reprogram the computer for larger tires.

Is it lifted? Steering wheel straight?

It's on her jeep which is a 2009...and no it's not lifted and she said the steering wheel is straight

Mikecal9985

If the tires are not that much larger than stock then it would probably do nothing until you hit a bump or hit a fast turn and then it would trigger the system hence all the lights. Your programmer should clear that up once you get the correct tire size in.
In the meantime you can try disconnect the positive cable and touch it to the negative cable to clear out the codes and reset the system to relearn, it may buy you a little more time.
follow this:
1. Disconnect the battery by removing the positive battery cable
2. Ground the positive cable to the negative cable for 30 seconds to erase the electric charge in the capacitors
3. Reconnect the positive cable to the battery
4. Turn the key to on but do not start
5. Turn the headlights on
6. Turn the headlights off
7. Turn the key off
The ECU has now been reset to its factory settings. for the next 50 warm up periods the ECU will relearn the engine and driving habits for your driving conditions and the newly installed parts

Ok awesome, the programmer is being delivered tomorrow so I'll wait till it gets here and see if that works out

Mikecal9985

We did have a lil rubbing so I added 1.5" spacers...torqued them to the what they called for and checked them after 50 miles or so...no issues

Mikecal9985

Couldn't hurt to check and make sure your abs wires aren't ripped or something.

Ripped from the rubbing? The only place it was rubbing was on the sway bar, but only at full lock. Also where might I find these abs wires you speak of? Haha sorry I'm pretty new to all this stuff if it wasn't already obvious...I appreciate the help guys

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Being that it's an 09 it could also be the clock spring. There is a thread on here somewhere that explains more than I can. I'll try to find it for you.

jeeeep

Hooked
With the wider tires the ABS and brake lines sometimes get rubbed when in reverse and turning sharp the ABS line is the black line coming from the wheel side that usually follows the brake line.
Usually the clock spring will activate the airbag symbol and if you have cruise control it'll quit working along with throwing up the ESP ABS symbols and the other stuff that you're seeing.

rinkishjk

Ripped from the rubbing? The only place it was rubbing was on the sway bar, but only at full lock. Also where might I find these abs wires you speak of? Haha sorry I'm pretty new to all this stuff if it wasn't already obvious...I appreciate the help guys

Yea the tires could have rubbed them, or they rubbed on something. Just turn your wheel and u will see them inside the fender well running down to the wheels. Could also be what mr ty mentioned also.

Benito

Caught the Bug
If they just turned on and stayed on listen to all post above, but if they turned on and started flashing and dancing and the speedometer started acting funny, you may have a bad ground connection. Check your battery terminals and all the wires attached for tight

Top Bottom