Options for 35x12.5x15's?

Hellfire

I just picked up a. 97 TJ and it has 35x14.5 x15 Super Swampers on it. I think the tires are overkill and since I only have a dana 30 on the front im a little worried.

Which tires would you recomend and should I be still looking into upgrading dana 30 components on 35" tires?

Hellfire

I've been looking at tire reviews and each tire you look at you get one good review & and another bad review in the same conditions which is very confusing.

Right now I'm considering the BFG TA KO tire since I've had experience with it before. I'm looking for a All-Terrain tire because I plan to play in the dry summer, rock craw, sand, snow, & some mud. Judging by the reviews if I go with a mud tire it will be good in the mud but bad on everthing else...

Any feedback?

BrandonDetrick

I've been looking at tire reviews and each tire you look at you get one good review & and another bad review in the same conditions which is very confusing.

Right now I'm considering the BFG TA KO tire since I've had experience with it before. I'm looking for a All-Terrain tire because I plan to play in the dry summer, rock craw, sand, snow, & some mud. Judging by the reviews if I go with a mud tire it will be good in the mud but bad on everthing else...

Any feedback?

Just cuz a tire is a "mud terrain" or "mud tire" doesn't mean that's all it is good for buddy. A good all Around tire is a toyo mt and a nitto trail grappler. . Both are named under the mud tire category , but are more a Swiss army tire. Good for everything

Hellfire

I've looked into those tires and it looks like I would have to upgrade to 17" rims in order to run them.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Cooper discoverer STT's come in that size as well as the toyo mt. I would look at those. Both are great tires but I believe the coopers have a little bit softer compound.

Gibbo

I've run the Cooper STT'S for nearly 34000 miles now.They'd be half done if that. Have never let me down.

nyglt56

I've ran Bfg, probably put that tire thru the most abuse of anyone who's run them. Never failed me Aired down to 11-12 psi. The only thing I hated was chunking due to serious rock crawling. That's all that I didn't like. I opted for the MTR the old style. Favorite all round. The Kevlar model is the best tire on the tj market right now. I would consider them

Ps. Don't worry about your d30. 35s is the max on the front. It's the rear that should concern you.

Attachments

• image-3683488104.jpg
    image-3683488104.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 41
  • image-1176644611.jpg
    image-1176644611.jpg
    459.6 KB · Views: 40
  • image-2219027507.jpg
    image-2219027507.jpg
    240.4 KB · Views: 38
  • image-1525934812.jpg
    image-1525934812.jpg
    421.9 KB · Views: 38

Hellfire

Awesome pictures!....I knew the BFG sidewalls were a little thin...and its old technology. They do work great but there's been a lot of great new tires come out in the past 10 years.

I'm considerig the SST's because they clean the mud out better than the BFG's even tho I may go in the mud a couple of times a year. It's hard to beat the price of the BFG's tho.

I'm got lucky with this jeep, the previous owner had upgraded to a dana 44 rear axle so I should be ok. I'm considering on getting some chrome moly shalfs since both axles have ABR lockers in them.

Top Bottom