Bad software update from stealership???

joshuaj21

VA requires an annual state inspection so I had mine in to get done and they told me I had 3 software updates to do. First one was for the ECM and was free. The other two were for the Bluetooth and something else which would cost about $130. Now I understand warranty limitations and all, but paying for required software updates is asinine! Never had to pay before, but that is ridiculous. Anyway, I have a Superchips Flashcal 3571 that I upgraded to a Flashpaq last year. When I took it in, I changed everything back to stock, tire height included (running 315/70R17). Just to be safe, I updated the Flashpaq software the day before hoping to alleviate any problems after inspection and software updates... well, that didn't exactly work. When I went to reload the tune and change tire height, it would change tires but not load tune. It gave me code #G-0D, so I called superchips and the fella told me to update my Flashpaq when I could and should fix the problem. So I tried again this morning and no joy. Didn't give me an error code, but wouldn't take the tune either. Only tried to load the 87 Octane tune and will try fuel Xcess (or whatever it's called) later when I have time and see what happens. Does anyone have any other thoughts on this or seen this problem??? I'm not sure what else I can do aside from calling superchips back and asking for a new tuner. What a PITA.

wcarlson40

Call Superchips back, they're usually helpful. Mine did that once after a flashpaq update (not a dealer update), and they walked me through it on the phone and it worked great.

What year is your Jeep? Keep us posted.

joshuaj21

Called Superchips back for the second time and learned that the tuner needed to sync up with my JK again since the dealership basically reflashed my ECU, or at least that's the way the Flashpaq sees it. So, I did that and then it said it needed to update again. Got home, plugged it in and then find out the new software update from the dealership isn't "tunable" (for lack of a better term). I forget what Spark updater said, but it told me there were no updates available for my JK yet. Not sure what that means exactly?? Does that mean they haven't created a patch or software update for the new ECU update? Does anyone else have this issue? I have a 2011 JK. The only good thing is that my gas mileage has improved but no tune, and can't turn TPMS off. Annoying low tire pressure light of course. Anyone have suggestions, thoughts, or similar issues that could possibly shed some light? Would be very grateful!!

Top Bottom