Axle swap. D30 to D44. ABS and Traction now illuminated

Dubaibentzen

Need help please! Just had my workshop swap my 2door 2014 Rubicon D44 axles to my 4 door 2013 Sahara Unlimited. It drives, but...
In the dashboard the ABS light and traction control lights are now on. How do I reset them?

Another question: What's a good way to make use of the electronic axle lock from the Rubicon now that the D44 is on the Sahara? Is it just a matter of making two switches for the front and rear and wire them up on the Sahara, or is it more complicated than that?

Any advice on the two matters are greatly appreciated :)

Thanks

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Need help please! Just had my workshop swap my 2door 2014 Rubicon D44 axles to my 4 door 2013 Sahara Unlimited. It drives, but...
In the dashboard the ABS light and traction control lights are now on. How do I reset them?

Another question: What's a good way to make use of the electronic axle lock from the Rubicon now that the D44 is on the Sahara? Is it just a matter of making two switches for the front and rear and wire them up on the Sahara, or is it more complicated than that?

Any advice on the two matters are greatly appreciated :)

Thanks

Did you use a procal to adjust to the new gear ratio? Also did you check your abs lines to make sure they are ok or that your unit bearings are ok?

As far as the lockers go you can wore them to a switch to make them work.

WJCO

Meme King
If the wiring connectors were the same, I would swap the sensors, just to see if it changes. And as Cozdude suggested, may need to calibrate any new gear ratio in the pcm.

Dubaibentzen

I asked him about the above questions and this was the reply: "There is no issue except the axle locking system Bcoz of the axle locking system u are getting ABS and traction control lights on"
I'm still confused. He didn't answer whether he used a Procal to set the new gear ratio. I think I will buy my own and do it myself

chitown35

LOSER
Yeah there's no reason the new lockers would cause your abs/traction lights to be on esp since they're not even wired up or on!

If the procal doesn't work, it could very easily be the wheel sensor like another poster said, and you can rent a code reader from AutoZone that reads abs codes for free if needed.

Dubaibentzen

Got a Procal and changed the gear ratio. Drives way better and shifts correctly now. But the ABS and traction lights are still there. Must be the wheel sensors then. Are they easy to check myself? And how do I do it? There's no autozone in Dubai to rent an ABS code reader

chitown35

LOSER
If it comes back on, sometimes it's just a bad connection and you can push it on real well to at least make the light go off for a little while until you replace them.

Dubaibentzen

Problem solved! Found this in another thread and it worked!!! Did the below items in the list. Drove 20 meters, stopped. Shut down. Restarted - all clear. Yes! :thumb:

This will reset the ECU and clear the codes - from quadratec:

1. Disconnect the battery by removing the positive battery cable. Remember, the positive battery cable.

2. Ground the positive cable to the negative cable for 30 seconds to erase the electric charge in the capacitors.

3. Reconnect the positive cable to the battery.

4. Turn the key to on but do not start.

5. Turn the headlights on.

6. Turn the headlights off.

7. Turn the key off.

The ECU has now been reset to its factory settings. For the next 50 warm-up periods the ECU will re-learn the engine and driving habits for your driving conditions and the newly installed parts.

Problem solved! Found this in another thread and it worked!!! Did the below items in the list. Drove 20 meters, stopped. Shut down. Restarted - all clear. Yes! :thumb:

This will reset the ECU and clear the codes - from quadratec:

1. Disconnect the battery by removing the positive battery cable. Remember, the positive battery cable.

2. Ground the positive cable to the negative cable for 30 seconds to erase the electric charge in the capacitors.

3. Reconnect the positive cable to the battery.

4. Turn the key to on but do not start.

5. Turn the headlights on.

6. Turn the headlights off.

7. Turn the key off.

The ECU has now been reset to its factory settings. For the next 50 warm-up periods the ECU will re-learn the engine and driving habits for your driving conditions and the newly installed parts.

Thanks for the list that's sweet! I wonder if you'd do something like this every time you install something new that effects the handling of the jeep. Something to think about i guess!

Dubaibentzen

Thanks for the list that's sweet! I wonder if you'd do something like this every time you install something new that effects the handling of the jeep. Something to think about i guess!

From now on I will do the list items every time I install something that will affect the handling.

Top Bottom