Can I run 35's or 37's on 3.21 gearing?

Moabbnd

You can run 35s with any gear ratio, doesn't mean it's recommended though. 3.21s are pretty shitty

WJCO

Meme King
How's it going guys, anyone's input would be greatly appreciated

You can do whatever you want, but it may not be advisable. If I were running 35s, I would go at least 4.56. Doing 4.88 would be even better. Do you drive on a lot of hills? That's where it would be most noticeable if you didn't re-gear.

FLKEYSJK

I have 35s with 3.21 gears and it is awful, can't wait to re-gear, 6th gear is useless. I'm going to go with 4.88.

Yep. Ive done it for a year lol. Is it peppy? No. Will it wheel? Yes. Youll want to regear when you can, but to answer your actual question, yes you can

Sharkey

Word Ninja
So you have gone from asking about 35's to asking about 37's? Here is your answer: you can run anything you want but you might want to take out the floor board so you can push the Jeep like Fred Flintstone.

FLKEYSJK

Can I run 35's on 3.21 gearing?

What WJCO said lol 37s on a Dana 30 isn't going to last long, you're better off selling them to buy 35s or get an upgraded axle but not everyone has the money to do so, when I first signed up for this site I wanted to run 38s on my D30 but soon found out its not a good idea at all.

Ddays

Hooked
If you're going to run 37's on 3:21 gears make sure you run a dual attenuator! You'll thank me later!

rinkishjk

Just go for the 40's, the larger diameter will overcome the sluggish performance way better than 35's, or 37's. 👌

Ddays

Hooked
This times 1,000. It will also give you better gas mileage. Wicked 120 MPG have been achieved with this method.

And if you fill those bastards with water you'll be able to coast for miles! Think of the MPG's! :thumb:

Next thread: "I only get 1000 miles on a set of brake pads, whats up with that?" :crazyeyes:

Top Bottom