New soft top

1BAMF'nJKU

I'm shopping around for a new soft top and have narrowed it down to the trek top twill nx or standard mopar twill. Any recommendations or opinions on either one of these tops? Thx

Napalm

I personally prefer the TrekTop Nx. I have the regular black diamond and it's a great top. My favorite feature is the built in bikini top and how easy it is to strip it down. It also seems quieter than the factor tops I've had since it doesn't use a bow system.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463167309.554596.jpg

Speeddmn

I'll add this. Is your jeep a 2 door or 4 door. Personally 2 doors with the trek top look odd, its the angle of the slant. The 4 doors with a factory soft top look odd also, to many bow's in it, looks un finished. On the flip side, 2 doors with a factory soft top look great and 4 doors with the trek top.

That's me, but enjoy the shopping!

Napalm

I'll add this. Is your jeep a 2 door or 4 door. Personally 2 doors with the trek top look odd, its the angle of the slant. The 4 doors with a factory soft top look odd also, to many bow's in it, looks un finished. On the flip side, 2 doors with a factory soft top look great and 4 doors with the trek top.

I also agree with this.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug

I agree with this also but I would probably still rock a trek top on a two door if I had one.

TennJK

I am a vote for the 4 door Trektop. Ride is more quiet in my opinion compared to factory top. But I will also say that you do lose a little of space in the trunk with the Trektop. I had the factory top and switched to the NX with no regrets at all

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Since you're on the fence (much like I was) you can probably get an OEM twill premium top for $500 or so from your local Craig's List. That's what I did and saved $700.

1BAMF'nJKU

All good info, so thank you too all! I have a unlimited sport and I agree from what I've seen in photos the angle of this top looks good on 4 doors! Last question would be what is the best price people have found on this top or any vendors that would honor any discounts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again

Napalm

All good info, so thank you too all! I have a unlimited sport and I agree from what I've seen in photos the angle of this top looks good on 4 doors! Last question would be what is the best price people have found on this top or any vendors that would honor any discounts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again

I'm not sure of any discounts, but Bestop is offering a $50 dollar rebate currently on the TrekTop through any retailer.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
I'm shopping around for a new soft top and have narrowed it down to the trek top twill nx or standard mopar twill. Any recommendations or opinions on either one of these tops? Thx

Since it's the same fabric, it really comes down to preference on looks. I just bought the Trektop NX twill and I'm really happy with it. I need to post up some more detailed pics, but there are 2 on my build thread if you're interested.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

As mentioned, you can get the TrekTop in a twill now. I personally like it much better than the old style diamond vinyl material but, being that I have half doors and the uppers are the same material, the old style is what I still run.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
As mentioned, you can get the TrekTop in a twill now. I personally like it much better than the old style diamond vinyl material but, being that I have half doors and the uppers are the same material, the old style is what I still run.

This is something to think about as well. I have the nx twill, but I want half doors again so I may end up going back to the diamond material top.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463410688.331382.jpg

I will have to say however, the twill fabric cleans up a lot easier than the diamond.

Hammmerhead

First soft top I have owned on my JK, but I really like the black diamond NX. Having just a hard top and no surrounds, I was going to do just a bikini, but by the time you buy the surrounds and what not it didn't make sense price wise. I got a $75 dollar rebate and have around $665 in my whole NX setup. The flip back front section is pretty handy too until you've had enough sun.

Top Bottom