Stock half door questions

GreenMonster

Hi all,

Not sure if this has been covered here before, but I have searched through pages after pages end up empty.

I have a 2 door JK with half door ordered that way straight from the factory. I love driving it with the soft top off, but at times I need to add the window panels when guests in the jeep. (just trying to be nice).

Is it bad to drive with the windows without the rail panel? or is it bad to drive with the windows without the top on at all? The window panels only has two plastic stick that goes into the half door, and on one trip, I was worried about the gust wind blowing the window off and snap those plastic sticks. Ended up driving slow and holding the windows at the same time. Not the most fun experience. :grayno:

Anyone with experiences with factory half door set up please help to share how you do it!

Thank you very much,

GNMON*

You mean like top down or off and the panel that attaches to the roll bar off? Whenever I've taken the top off the windows too they don't flutter or move or anything so you shouldn't have to worry.

GreenMonster

You mean like top down or off and the panel that attaches to the roll bar off? Whenever I've taken the top off the windows too they don't flutter or move or anything so you shouldn't have to worry.

Thank you! Yes, top down or off, panel off too. I feel a little bit better with the panel still attached to the roll bar, but still worried about the two thin little plastic stick that goes into the door panel slots. Local speed I don't worry, but on the freeway with gusty wind in San Bernadino county gets me skip heart beats sometimes. :shock:

Top Bottom