Synergy sway bar disconnect bushings

bdubnit

I'm trying to finish installing my synergy sway bar quick disconnects and the quick disco pin doesn't fit inside the bushing on the link. Logic tells me in order for the pin to fit I need to remove that metal inner piece?? What's the best way to do that?

Attachments

• 1463267274102.jpg
    1463267274102.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 51

COLOJK

You are correct. I used a screw driver or something of that sort to put through the hole and then hit on the ground to pop it out.

bdubnit

You are correct. I used a screw driver or something of that sort to put through the hole and then hit on the ground to pop it out.

Dang really?

I was hoping maybe it was just that they sent the wrong quick disconnect pins. I contacting both synergy and quadratec to see what they say.

COLOJK

Okay good to know.

Any trouble slipping them on and off the quick disconnect pin?

They are a little tough depending on how level the ground is but they work well. I have had to lightly tap them off with a hammer before but I usually don't have issues. Overall I am happy with them.

jeeeep

Hooked
I used my ball joint press using a socket just smaller than the metal bushing to push it out.

Using a larger socket and smaller socket on the opposite side to tap it out with a hammer works too.

Top Bottom